Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Finished the air cleaner and installed the steering column finally....Kudos goes out to Brads70 for finding this "modern" looking Tuff Grip Steering wheel  :D
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudajason

Quote from: anlauto on February 02, 2023, 02:12:43 PM
Finished the air cleaner and installed the steering column finally....Kudos goes out to Brads70 for finding this "modern" looking Tuff Grip Steering wheel  :D

ohhhhh...I like it.  @anlauto do you have a link for the steering wheel?
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

Quote from: Cudajason on February 03, 2023, 05:39:42 AM
Quote from: anlauto on February 02, 2023, 02:12:43 PM

ohhhhh...I like it.  @anlauto do you have a link for the steering wheel?
@Cudajason I bought it off of eBay, then talked with @Brads70  about making an adaptor to fit the E Body crush can...which reminds me... :thinking:

Here's the link https://www.ebay.ca/itm/124245536733
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

I watched while my upholstery guy installed the vinyl top and headliner  :-[ :twothumbsup:

ebodyproducts

That looks amazing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E-Body Products
www.ebodyproducts.com
606-481-9014

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

anlauto

Quote from: ebodyproducts on February 07, 2023, 04:43:24 PM
That looks amazing!!!

Thanks, I can't take any credit for the install, my man Scott did all the work....he's done ALL my upholstery work for over 36 years now :tired: I did the trim and I was able to get all the interior trim, side stainless, weather-strip and side glass in (still working on 1/4 windows) this week, and he's coming back on the weekend to get the back glass and windshield installed....I'll post more pics after that :waving:

blown motor

Replaced the transmission tail seal on the Charger and then dropped the gas tank on the Power Wagon. Had to replace a leaky fill pipe grommet and chase a gas gauge issue. New sending unit is on order.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

71vert340

Used my bore camera to check down in the trunk drop-offs in the trunk. I removed a pocket knife and a 3/8" socket drive handle (breaker bar). I discovered there's still a lug nut and some white decorative garden rock down there. Not easy to remove this stuff. These photos were taken today, I just haven't updated the date on the camera.
Terry W.

jimynick

I'm trying to get my stroker finished enough to put in the car and the little things are putting up quite a fight! You know that bypass hose that runs between the intake and the water pump, you know the little 6-7" one? I stupidly convinced myself that using the oem style wire clamps was a good idea- wrong! I actually have a pair of Snap-on specialty pliers just for those types of clamps and having used them on the oem engine currently in the car and having no issues I thought "what the hell, this shouldn't take more than 5 minutes, tops"  Squeezing those pliers with a grip Arnold would've been proud of, didn't even get the clamp over the hose! I trimmed the edges and then lightly greased 'em, I twisted and poked at the edges, to no avail. All this time a little voice inside my head whispered "just put a screw hose clamp on it you idiot!". There may or may not have been instances where I've been described as stubborn and this may or may not have been one of those instances, so I got out my Channellocks, in 3 sizes, plus a big straight blade for those delicate twisting and finger gouging moments, oiled the exterior edge of that swine hose, gave thought to some appropriate curses and gave 'er! Teeth clenched, blood pressure singing in my ears, eyes squinted in concentration, sweat on the brow I joined battle with that little bastard and after nearly requiring myself to grow a third arm, I got it on!!! Drained, and feeling the thrill of at last victory, I rewarded myself with a nice chilled Miller High Life and complimentary stogie! Ahhh, ain't life grand?  :looney:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

blown motor

Quote from: jimynick on February 10, 2023, 09:42:00 PM
I'm trying to get my stroker finished enough to put in the car and the little things are putting up quite a fight! You know that bypass hose that runs between the intake and the water pump, you know the little 6-7" one? I stupidly convinced myself that using the oem style wire clamps was a good idea- wrong! I actually have a pair of Snap-on specialty pliers just for those types of clamps and having used them on the oem engine currently in the car and having no issues I thought "what the hell, this shouldn't take more than 5 minutes, tops"  Squeezing those pliers with a grip Arnold would've been proud of, didn't even get the clamp over the hose! I trimmed the edges and then lightly greased 'em, I twisted and poked at the edges, to no avail. All this time a little voice inside my head whispered "just put a screw hose clamp on it you idiot!". There may or may not have been instances where I've been described as stubborn and this may or may not have been one of those instances, so I got out my Channellocks, in 3 sizes, plus a big straight blade for those delicate twisting and finger gouging moments, oiled the exterior edge of that swine hose, gave thought to some appropriate curses and gave 'er! Teeth clenched, blood pressure singing in my ears, eyes squinted in concentration, sweat on the brow I joined battle with that little bastard and after nearly requiring myself to grow a third arm, I got it on!!! Drained, and feeling the thrill of at last victory, I rewarded myself with a nice chilled Miller High Life and complimentary stogie! Ahhh, ain't life grand?  :looney:

Damn I love a good story!  :haha:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

jimynick

Quote from: anlauto on February 11, 2023, 06:29:55 AM
Did you have the right size clamp ? :haha:

Oh, so now you want to get all technical on me eh, Alan? I can't answer that question, but since I got it from you, perhaps you can?  :cheers: 
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

chaps70rt

Alan ...... that car looks incredible.    What an amazing build.   Owner must be over the moon!!
70 Challenger R/T
440 4-BBL, 4-speed, shaker
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi

Cudajason

Quote from: blown motor on February 11, 2023, 06:21:17 AM
Quote from: jimynick on February 10, 2023, 09:42:00 PM

Damn I love a good story!  :haha:

Always a good read!

@jimynick you should write a book man! 

It was a beauty day out on Sunday, and I got some long overdue garage time.

I spent some time shortening up the spacer in my MC.  Should fit better now and no need for extra washers at the mounting point.

Then I spent some time rerouting and bending new brake lines.  I have one more to go, for some reason the fitting is tight to the line and wont spin by hand.  so instead of wreaking the fitting, I will just remake the break line.

Man was it good for the soul, I need to get out there more often.

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.