Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

MoparCarGuy

My Cuda has been overcharging and I decided to upgrade the alternator using a Powermaster 165 amp (1-wire) alternator, part number 8-48529-103.
This alternator does not look factory but did come with the 6-groove pulley for my serpentine belt system from March Performance.

Today, I removed the existing alternator and found that the Powermaster 165A will not work with my March Performance bracket.
I boxed it up for the return and ordered a Powermaster 75691 (95A, 1-wire) alternator which looks much more original and includes the 6-groove serpentine pulley as well.
It should be here by FRI. I can install it with a new 6AWG charging cable with 10AWG fusible link directly to the starter relay.
Pictures are the original, the 165A, the 165A installed but a V-groove version, and the 75691 that is on its way.

DrEamer

Put my project Challenger up for sale. Just too much project, and not enough time, talent, or money to finish it in a reasonable time.  :('

Joegrapes

Pretty much the same thing I do every day to my Mopar. I walk past it and say to myself that I really want to get to fixing some little things that have been bugging me about it for the past 15 years or so. But then I remembered that my friend borrowed the floor jack that I need and hasn't brought it back yet so I keep walking 😂
I wonder how many of us do the same?

Brads70

Quote from: DrEamer on February 20, 2023, 10:27:07 PM
Put my project Challenger up for sale. Just too much project, and not enough time, talent, or money to finish it in a reasonable time.  :('
Sorry to hear that. Is there any members on here that live close to you that could give you a hand or motivate you? I don't know where your at?

HP_Cuda

Put air in the tires and charged up the battery.

Soon it will be time to drag her out and start her up again. Probably move her over to the pole barn now.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

6PKRTSE

I went out today. Uncovered the 70' Challenger, 70' Charger,  70' Road Runner and 74' New Yorker,  checked all the fluids and fired each one up today after hibernating all winter.

DrEamer

Quote from: Brads70 on February 21, 2023, 08:08:25 AM
Quote from: DrEamer on February 20, 2023, 10:27:07 PM
Sorry to hear that. Is there any members on here that live close to you that could give you a hand or motivate you? I don't know where your at?

I guess motivation might help, but honestly the things I listed are why it went up for sale. I have a deposit from a buyer, and am just waiting for them to wire the remaining balance probably next week. As much as I would have loved to finish the Challenger, it just was not going to happen with me at the helm. I did learn some things about myself that will help guide me if/when I buy another classic vehicle. So, for that, it will be chalked as an expensive lesson, and I will move on. 

7E-Bodies

Got my original rims back from my powder coat guy (the best IMHO) and got my tires mounted. Huge mood booster!
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

Is your car a really early build is that why you went with no tire sizes ? :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

@anlauto yes plus the build sheet indicates it came with 70's, which isn't my preference but it's what it came with.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jimynick

Well, since the stroker fairies seem to have forsworn me, I got off me arse and made my way to Regional Hose ( a good source) in Cambridge and bought the parts to cobble up a remote oil pressure gauge to see what's what with my 408. They fixed me up just right and I actually found the missing hex priming rod that I'd bought long enough ago that the guy who sold it to me has retired! Finally getting the oil pump drive back out of the engine, son Jim held the gauge and I cranked up the old Rigid drill and away we went! It seemed to take a fair while, but eventually we got oil at each rocker, confirming that my bastard LA/Magnum block oil-through-the-pushrods patch was working! Hallelujah! The bonus part was that it appears that I have 75psi oil pressure! Since the old gal will not be a race car, that's better than fair to me. This required a wee libation to the gods who look after fools and drunks! I'm trying to get the Mopar Performance covers to play nice with the intake and I'll tell ya, you can't have more fun, with your clothes on! If I wasn't already into rebuilding/replacing my diff I'd be running low on excuses for not re/re'ing that engine. The Ontario Hot Rod Tour starts the beginning of June, so the clock's ticking.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

blown motor

I finished the rad swap that I started yesterday in my Charger. I love the black aluminum.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Skid Row

:veryexcited: Does life get in the way sometimes? Finally, 27 years after building this 67 440 ,(All old school parts} First start/cam break-in was successful!  WOW! Hope to keep the momentum going and add all the parts I've collected over the years. Many thanks to all of you for getting me here.