Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

I took it to an all Challenger show. It was a private event, not very big. 9 e bodies and 6 newer Challengers showed up. Will post a good shot of the e bodies when it gets emailed to me. There was even a Challenger tractor. There was a really cool 70 with a Viper motor. Very well done car. Something new for you to pursue Alan. @anlauto  It was also good to meet 70rag383 and his wife. I hope you had better traffic on the way home David.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

jimynick

That's a nice looking car beside the Viper. Who owns that? LOL I thought Doug's car looked good, too! :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

JH27N0B

Sadly a lot of area cruises wrap up the end of August or Labor Day weekend here.  2 I frequent ended last week.
I rotate my cruise attendance between my Challenger convertible and my Magnum, top down in the convertible or T tops off in the Magnum because that is how I most like to roll!  :burnout:
I rarely get the trailer queen T/A out, but told myself I'd get it to the Friday night cruise about 5 miles west of me once with it this season.  I took Friday off work, so of course got pretty busy and didn't get home until 4, weather was perfect and I knew the cruse would fill up quick, and I didn't have time to mess with the T/A that I hadn't started since July.  So I took the convertible.  Failed on one goal this year!  Not that taking the convertible was bad, but the Magnum has been sketchy with its intermittent crank but no start problem I can't figure out, so it seems like I am always driving the convertible lately as I don't want to end up stranded at a cruise with the Magnum if it decides not to start.
But last night I decided I had to get the T/A out to go to the cruise in my town.  A little while later, my friend Glen showed up there with his '71 Challenger with a T/A hood on it, and we were able to park together.  Car ran well, I do need to get it out more often!  :headbang:

anlauto

The Viper conversion is very dated, people were doing those like ten years ago....this one looks nice though :bravo:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

Quote from: jimynick on September 03, 2023, 02:18:58 PM
That's a nice looking car beside the Viper. Who owns that? LOL I thought Doug's car looked good, too! :bigthumb:

I overheard him and the viper guy comparing notes. Not sure if they were bragging to each other or complaining. Either way they both have far greater skills than me and I tip my hat to them.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Challenger in NC

Got my headliner installed, a task I was dreading. There are a couple of minor wrinkles (not sure if a heat gun will help) but I was pleased overall. It is definitely an exercise in patience, especially towards the end.

dodj

Quote from: 70_440-6Cuda on September 03, 2023, 06:54:01 AM
The previous owner on my '70 Cuda could not figure out how to wire up the MDS electronic ignition, so they put a toggle switch where the road lamp switch used to be for ignition to the MDS and called it a kill switch...... gotta love dimwits,

Anyway, I could never remember which way was "on" and kept killing the battery so I rewired it to start with the key about a month ago. Of course after that I had intermittent starting problems.  Friday pulled the car in the driveway and could not get it to start to put back in the garage.  Yesterday I  I dug into it and found original wire terminals for the ballast resistor were almost completely severed.  Took the terminals off, redid the connections, rewired it up and presto starts first time every time.

I also found that the under dash wiring looks fairly unmolested and in really great condition, AND I found the speaker fader switch hanging under there as well so there is a plus!
Good find! Do you still run a ballast resistor?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

70rag383

Quote from: blown motor on September 03, 2023, 02:15:32 PM
I took it to an all Challenger show. It was a private event, not very big. 9 e bodies and 6 newer Challengers showed up. Will post a good shot of the e bodies when it gets emailed to me. There was even a Challenger tractor. There was a really cool 70 with a Viper motor. Very well done car. Something new for you to pursue Alan. @anlauto  It was also good to meet 70rag383 and his wife. I hope you had better traffic on the way home David.

That was nice event. Great to finally meet @blown motor  and @jimynick.

Drive home on the 401 from Cambridge was brutal but we had nice cruise to Paris and then Cambridge where we ate dinner.

Cudajason

well, get this, I took my old girl for a drive!!!!!  No really, I did!

Yesterday was my son's first day of school, and as is our tradition I drove him in the Cuda.  I had to go to the office, so I just kept going after I dropped him off.

70 or so miles round trip.  Car ran ok.

I have definitely got the overheating issue figured out. It was a very warm day here and it never got above 200 on the gauge. On the highway it was 190.  That is a huge improvement.

I have been tuning the carb that last little bit and I finally have it running in a decent range...reads right at 13.5 on the AFR meter, at cruise, 60 MPH or so.  Seems good.  There is some lean popping when you get on it, but I think that is the secondaries not coming in.

A little more tuning, and I think I will be there.

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

dodj

Quote from: Cudajason on September 07, 2023, 12:49:21 PM

Yesterday was my son'd forst day of school
Something about an auto correct spelling mistake associated with the FIRST day of school made me chuckle....lol

Glad the car is running great Jason!
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

YellowThumper

Quote from: Cudajason on September 07, 2023, 12:49:21 PM
well, get this, I took my old girl for a drive!!!!!  No really, I did!

Yesterday was my son's first day of school, and as is our tradition I drove him in the Cuda.  I had to go to the office, so I just kept going after I dropped him off.

70 or so miles round trip.  Car ran ok.

I have definitely got the overheating issue figured out. It was a very warm day here and it never got above 200 on the gauge. On the highway it was 190.  That is a huge improvement.

I have been tuning the carb that last little bit and I finally have it running in a decent range...reads right at 13.5 on the AFR meter, at cruise, 60 MPH or so.  Seems good.  There is some lean popping when you get on it, but I think that is the secondaries not coming in.

A little more tuning, and I think I will be there.

FINALLY............................... :banana:
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

7E-Bodies

I put the finishing touches on my original rims. My powder coat guy is stellar. He nailed the texture and colors. I had to end up using helicoils on the center caps as about half were wobbled out. That was the ticket! Used original hardware (verified in MMC fastener book) and VOILA! A few less parts in boxes. Moving along with the project like a thundering herd of turtles.  :smile: I'm absolutely enthralled with how they turned out.
FTR: I was able to obtain an NOS center cone for powder coat guy to match to and got the repop buttons from Roseville.
Notice in one pic I put a straight edge across the sidewalls and the center button is directly in line. No wonder they're always smashed up. Ma Mopar could have recessed these 1/4" or so. Guys probably just let them flop when changing tires.
@smallhurst your tires are looking good!
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

NigelTufnel

Ok, it's been the last couple of days but also today..  Sanding and prepping exhaust manifolds then priming and painting with VHT.  The 'cast iron' came out nice.   I painted the A-body manifold before I pulled the trigger on a almost correct drivers side...(it's a later 084) now I'm hoping I have enough paint to cover it when it arrives.

And the cool part I've been waiting for, the radiator showed up!  A Radiator from Classic Industries that's MADE IN THE USA!  Aluminum  :fingerscrossed: 2 row.  Mostly fits well.  Having to open up the upper holes just barely and the left side lower, not great but I'll make some adjustments.  Fan shroud holes are off as well, the fan hit at the top so I'm moving them up about 3/4"
:banana:

YellowThumper

Disassembly for exhaust and some tail panel work.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

jimynick

I really like the way the cast paint came out, but I'm leery about primer AND paint on a manifold that could get re hot somewhere along the line. Don't know  :notsure:
PS- I also like your bike helmet!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"