Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

jimynick

Quote from: blown motor on June 02, 2024, 04:28:15 PMGot home from the Ontario Hotrod Tour. Four days of cruising eastern Ontario. Some beautiful scenery along the St Lawrence river and the shore of Lake Ontario. 85-90 cars and pickups.
Me too, but the run home, in my totally dusty old gal, was "helped" by the rain that hit before Oshawa, kinda. When I got home (after my $40+ Hwy407 run) I foam washed it in the driveway, twice and enjoyed the way the ceramic coat that son Nick and I applied prior to going, worked. Got out the old Stihl blower and it came right off. Ran it into the garage pretty quick as it started to rain again, She'll get a better going over soon. Gotta go buy some KD as I add up the gas bills.  :bye:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

cudaragtop

Some more progress on the 69 Barracuda Rallye Dash with 2016 Challenger Cluster, Mech-less Pioneer single Din stereo and added center AC Vents. A Little Closer to finished... I have a new in box Dash Pad for it.
Hard to tell but there are 3 different blacks... Suede Black Dash Frame, Sem Ultra Trim Satin Black on the bezel where it was originally chrome, and Krylon Fusion, textured satin black on the face where it used to be silver. 3 slightly different shades of black, different textures and different sheens... Poor lighting today, heavy clouds and raining so pretty dark on my patio. Phone flash didn't help much.
Still need to add the silver stripe above the cluster to tie the left and right sides together...
Some silver on the raised circles around the Flasher, Lights and Wiper switch holes too. I have a silver paint pen that might be good for those, and the Trip reset hole depending what function/switch I end up putting there...

Masking off that little fish was a challenge but it worked out. The Script is easily removed and replaced after painting. Was surprised to see copper under the chrome when sanding to rough up the chrome before primer.
I would expect it for a triple chromed bumper but chromed plastic??? I had no idea... "¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

cudaragtop

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

YellowThumper

Opened pandoras box of wiring.
Reconnected the supplied pigtails for adding necessary sensors.
Will de-pin unused once they are determined.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

soundcontrol

Going electric! :D
Got this Hellcat today, my granddaughter is turning 3 soon.

Brads70

Getting mine back together  after paint. Yesterday installed carpet, seats, door handles, rear valance, wheels , roof rail trim and window seals

jimynick

Looking good Brad, looking good!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

blown motor

I gave it a coolant change. Of course draining the rad was easy with not drop spilled, although I could have sworn the petcock was on the passenger's side. Then the car goes up and I go under. Well now, those little block drain plugs aren't so easy to get at are they. But I've got a good plan and I get the passenger's side one loosened to where I can finish it with my fingers. I've got a half of an old plastic suitcase, metal around the rim removed, that I use to catch fluids and plenty large enough to cover any impending spillage because I just know that when I remove that plug I'm going to have coolant bouncing off of steering and suspension components. I couldn't fenangle a way to get a funnel up in there where it would do any good so here goes. And yes, coolant did manage to find its way among the steering and suspension parts with enough gusto that the suitcase lid didn't catch it all. So now I'm laying on my back with the suitcase on my chest and my eyes and mouth tightly closed. Fortunately I wore very little of it, but, I shifted my body which tilted the sc lid and, as a fluid will do, it runs to low corner and out over the top. So I tilt it back, a bit to far of course, and said liquid is now pouring out the opposite corner, aided by the fact that this flimsy lid bent under the weight of the liquid which made the situation worse. Finally I get everything settled down and cleaned up and I'm a lot smarter when I do the driver's side. Dish pan it is! Smaller but rigid and much more manageable. In the end it's refilled with new coolant.
Just for the record, when you drain the rad and one side of a 340 block there exactly 3 imperial quarts(3.7 US qts) left in the other side.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

three two barrels

Had a little meltdown today, luckily it was at home.
No fire, just smoke, lol!

Brads70

Quote from: three two barrels on June 26, 2024, 09:43:56 PMHad a little meltdown today, luckily it was at home.
No fire, just smoke, lol!

Well that would ruin your day. What do those wires power?

three two barrels

Power from alternator to the firewall.

Received CVF pulleys , brackets and PS pump today, had removed the AC and also things were misaligned, so starting all over.
Had bought a Mancini water pump and housing in 2016, seems like a good time to install now.

Stepson just turned 16 yo , can probably talk him into helping install them.

Brads70

I didn't  have a lot of time today but got the grill, bumper and a few interior  parts installed today. She is starting to get her "attitude " back. Waiting on parcel shelf and the front valance  is still at body shop. A few interior  parts , door glass and side stripe decals and install windshields  and I'll  be back in the saddle.