Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

LinceCuda

Got up under the Cuda with the sawzaw and cut out the old rusted exhaust system, traction bars, and other unnecessary junk. Now I can locate numbers to decode to see exactly what I have.

CudaMoparRay

I kept trying to update safety with a center stop light but did not like how it looked in the rear window.
So came up with this: Installed my third safety light alternative on rear license plate frame for increased safety and bling. They take the place of two bolts.
They strobe 3 times when brakes first applied then stay on until brake released again. They are way brighter red than the video shows plus they also come on steady white light when going into reverse. Double safety feature.
Sorry could not upload the video which shows it much better in action.

benlavigne

Just a few things... Changed the wheels to dog dishes with 275's in the back in place of 255's (still have the Rallye Wheel setup to swap from time to time, I like both styles!), added the Challenger emblems to the fenders, added the flip-top gas cap, did a bit of cleaning in the rear and painted the drums... Hood pins next!

Ben

wldgtx

Quote from: benlavigne on June 22, 2017, 01:40:59 PM
Just a few things... Changed the wheels to dog dishes with 275's in the back in place of 255's (still have the Rallye Wheel setup to swap from time to time, I like both styles!), added the Challenger emblems to the fenders, added the flip-top gas cap, did a bit of cleaning in the rear and painted the drums... Hood pins next!

Ben

:wowzers:

I took my youngest to her first interview.  I got a dozen :bigthumb: and even a couple cat calls... LOL
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

blown motor

Get used to it. It's going to keep happening.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

jimynick

Quote from: blown motor on June 22, 2017, 03:00:30 PM
Get used to it. It's going to keep happening.
Yep, what the man said, for sure. Nice looking car!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

cudaragtop

Nice!
Where did you bring the wires through?
I was thinking about removing one of the 4 Fuel Filler Neck bolts to run the wires to the LEDs.

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on June 22, 2017, 12:39:08 PM
I kept trying to update safety with a center stop light but did not like how it looked in the rear window.
So came up with this: Installed my third safety light alternative on rear license plate frame for increased safety and bling. They take the place of two bolts.
They strobe 3 times when brakes first applied then stay on until brake released again. They are way brighter red than the video shows plus they also come on steady white light when going into reverse. Double safety feature.

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: cudaragtop on June 24, 2017, 11:34:48 AM
Nice!
Where did you bring the wires through?
I was thinking about removing one of the 4 Fuel Filler Neck bolts to run the wires to the LEDs.

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on June 22, 2017, 12:39:08 PM

Ran wires from leds to opening in license plate light above it and into inside of trunk.
I tried to put the leds originally on the two top bolts but when trying to open the license plate to fuel it would not allow the plate to go up anywhere enough to put in the the gas pump nozzle. So settled for now on the bottom bolts with wire running behind license plate attached with a plastic tie.

hawkfn18

:wrenching: finally got my wheels on today!! Need to get it aligned and drop the front end a tad

jimynick

I kinda like it the way it is. Sorta old school Super Stock-ish. Nice colour, too.  :yes:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

303 Mopar

Quote from: jimynick on June 29, 2017, 09:14:21 PM
I kinda like it the way it is. Sorta old school Super Stock-ish. Nice colour, too.  :yes:

:iagree:  It's a no-nonsense, no pretty boy just straight business look!   :burnout:

hawkfn18

When I restore her I'm gonna go back to the original paint color...

YellowThumper

Wife and kid were out of town so I hit a semi local car show. The drive to and from was better than the show.
:burnout:  :)

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

wldgtx

Quote from: YellowThumper on June 30, 2017, 10:37:45 PM
The drive to and from was better than the show.
:burnout:  :)

Funny how that turns out sometimes... Was it the people, the cars, or just that the ride was that nice?
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

Cudajason

Rolled mine out if the garage...needs a wash!
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.