Main Menu

1971 340 4 speed billboard 'Cuda project... a little $$$ but nice?

Started by GrandpaKevin, January 26, 2018, 05:24:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

captcolour

Sure would have been simpler for him to list the metal not replaced!  :)

anlauto

The replacement metal doesn't scare me if it was done right....All that means is another one has been saved :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on January 27, 2018, 05:27:39 AM
I agree with everything you said, HOWEVER...that's not the point.

What will you have to pay to buy a 1971 340 4spd Cuda in any project condition ?  Have you ever seen anything priced under $5K ? under $10K ? ....not too many original 1971 BS23 projects around for under $10K regardless of engine size or overall condition. More like $15K even over $25K....a fairly solid FJ6 340 4speed project just sold around here last Summer for $26K USD... :o needing full restoration...

Then have you ever restored a 1971 Cuda ? Have you ever started with a car needing lots of sheet metal work ?
This guy lists nearly $20K in parts ....probably more.....

Maybe you haven't paid to have a car completely painted lately.....there's another $15K

Point is....you will never bring a rusty 1971 Cuda to the point this car is at for anything close to his asking price. :alan2cents:

And my point is it the car needs every piece of sheetmetal in the AMD catalog to save it maybe it shouldn't be saved.... I'll find a better car....  Or not....

It shows that it's about 5 or so miles from where I grew up in Pittsburgh so if it's spent it's life there they salted every year on the roads

anlauto

And my point is it the car needs every piece of sheetmetal in the AMD catalog to save it maybe it shouldn't be saved.... I'll find a better car....  Or not....

There's better 71 340 Cudas, but they cost twice as much. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Make no mistake: I'm glad it has been saved. But an original panel car has more value and I've restored two cars in similar (although original metal) condition as this car recently and I can tell you there will be more $$$$ spent on this car than just an engine and transmission. I keep every receipt and it isn't hard to run up $20k above the cost of the shell, engine and trans. Depending on whether you want an original or parts store radiator for instance. However this car will give you a jump on spending $15k on a core 71 Cuda and doing all the metalwork to it as long as the work has been done up to your satisfaction. Buying this car will save someone a year or two with a welder and waiting for the paint shop hopefully. In the end you'll end up with an $80k and up non-matching 340 Cuda, as long as you know that going in, no problem.
Sheldon