Main Menu

1971 340 4 speed billboard 'Cuda project... a little $$$ but nice?

Started by GrandpaKevin, January 26, 2018, 05:24:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GrandpaKevin

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

76orangewagon

Damn...when I saw Akron/Canton craigslist header I thought it would be close to go look at, but its actually located in Pittsburgh, about 2 hours away. I agree its worth the $$$$$.

mopar thunder

Nice car.  Hopefully the metal work was done correctly. I love Lemon twist. Just partial to it since my first 70' RR was that.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda Cody

That could be a deal with everything he's done already.  Is it a real BS Cuda?

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 26, 2018, 10:26:39 AM
That could be a deal with everything he's done already.  Is it a real BS Cuda?

A quote from the ad "Car is a true BS code 340 4 speed Cuda that was repainted in the original Lemon Twist color "

71GranCoupe

That is a keeper for sure. You could not get a project car to this point for the money. The hard stuff is finished, just pick out your power plant and running gear and start shifting gears.  :stayinlane:

JS29

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on January 26, 2018, 11:46:58 AM
That is a keeper for sure. You could not get a project car to this point for the money. The hard stuff is finished, just pick out your power plant and running gear and start shifting gears.  :stayinlane:
:iagree:You buy A project car, 10,000-15,000. 30,000 wont get the body to that point!!!  And A 4-speed ta-boot.

moparcar

Yep. Someone needs to jump on that fast. Initially some may say too high but then I would guess they've never seen the real costs to get to this point with a full build.

Wes

RUNCHARGER

Lots of money left to spend on it. I dunno, it's really an AMD car.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 26, 2018, 06:52:50 PM

My thoughts as well.... I guess these days guys accept that as normal or even better because it's new.... The only repo metal on either of my Mopar's is the trunk floors.....

GrandpaKevin

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on January 26, 2018, 09:03:22 PM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 26, 2018, 06:52:50 PM

My thoughts as well.... I guess these days guys accept that as normal or even better because it's new.... The only repo metal on either of my Mopar's is the trunk floors.....

I'm going to agree with these guys.

IMO That's a lot of money for a non numbers 340 car with little to no documentation and major repop sheetmetal replacement.
First, I think that car has a long way to go $$$$$ wise.
From looking at the rough condition of the rear end and leaf springs it appears the car was hastily put together to make it a roller, why put an unrestored rear suspension back under the car.
I'll bet the front suspension is rough too.

I'm not an all original type guy but for those who would pay top dollar for one, I would think to buy and finish this car you would have well north of $60k in it?

My thinking is when this car is finished it's going to be a non matching car with possibly no fender tag or build sheet that has been totally rebuilt by AMD or whatever arguably inferior repop sheetmetal was used.

What's a car like this worth when done compared to this running and driving 71 340 'Cuda?
https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/d/1971-cuda-340-4speed-391-gear/6473020725.html

anlauto

I agree with everything you said, HOWEVER...that's not the point.

What will you have to pay to buy a 1971 340 4spd Cuda in any project condition ?  Have you ever seen anything priced under $5K ? under $10K ? ....not too many original 1971 BS23 projects around for under $10K regardless of engine size or overall condition. More like $15K even over $25K....a fairly solid FJ6 340 4speed project just sold around here last Summer for $26K USD... :o needing full restoration...

Then have you ever restored a 1971 Cuda ? Have you ever started with a car needing lots of sheet metal work ?
This guy lists nearly $20K in parts ....probably more.....

Maybe you haven't paid to have a car completely painted lately.....there's another $15K

Point is....you will never bring a rusty 1971 Cuda to the point this car is at for anything close to his asking price. :alan2cents:

Marc70challenger

I agree with Alan.  It's what the market is and costs of what he's done.