Main Menu

Lipstick on a PIG ! UPDATE

Started by anlauto, October 07, 2017, 07:30:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: wldgtx on October 17, 2017, 12:50:03 PM
"From reviewing the car I noticed that in needs but not limited to : (Rocker panels looked ok to me ) needs floor pans front to back, frame rails, cow section, trunk pan, trunk deck, trunk rim, tail panel, bumper filler panel ,quarter panels, engine cradle, radiator support frame and fenders should be changed as well. Firewall looks ok to me. No motor, no transmission. "

:rofl:

I can't see anyone wanting to restore this. It has no vin tag so it's just a rusty shell. If you have a new tag made, you run the risk that the real missing tag has already been put onto a new body and registered in another state. When you register a car in your state, they do not search that vin nationwide to see if it's already in use. The only way to do that is to get your local law enforcement agency to check the NICB database for the vin being used elsewhere. Having a new tag made and putting it back on the road in your state without doing some homework is taking a big gamble down the road when you want to sell it and the new buyer learns your car is a fraud.

I do agree that it's a good car to learn metal work on.