Main Menu

Mecum = Curious ?

Started by anlauto, December 07, 2022, 07:04:49 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on December 09, 2022, 05:25:28 AM
Quote from: dodj on December 09, 2022, 04:37:35 AM
Quote from: anlauto on December 08, 2022, 04:04:53 PM

I have to agree that my Cuda drives way nicer then any OE restored car that I've done.....I think rack and pinion steering has to be the biggest improvement  :alan2cents:
What rack did you use?
It came with the RMS kit, I believe it's a Flaming River. Power. :bigthumb:
Something built to work with RMS then? Not something someone could buy and fit to a QA1 K-member?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Quote from: dodj on December 09, 2022, 06:49:58 AM
Quote from: anlauto on December 09, 2022, 05:25:28 AM
Quote from: dodj on December 09, 2022, 04:37:35 AM
Quote from: anlauto on December 08, 2022, 04:04:53 PM

I have to agree that my Cuda drives way nicer then any OE restored car that I've done.....I think rack and pinion steering has to be the biggest improvement  :alan2cents:
What rack did you use?
It came with the RMS kit, I believe it's a Flaming River. Power. :bigthumb:
Something built to work with RMS then? Not something someone could buy and fit to a QA1 K-member?

I think the racks are all the same based on a Mustang II geometry . They just have the two mounting points..
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

$187K is nothing to sneeze at, I really thought it would have gone for more....The building seemed empty tonight ? A LOT of cars are not hitting their "estimates" ::)
https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0123-539590/1971-plymouth-barracuda-convertible/
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cudaragtop

Is it just me that thinks they parked over a dip in the pavement so the low hanging exhaust would not look as close to the ground?

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

dodj

Quote from: cudaragtop on January 13, 2023, 10:11:22 PM
Is it just me that thinks they parked over a dip in the pavement so the low hanging exhaust would not look as close to the ground?
Certainly looks that way. Should have got a good exhaust shop to do the piping rather have the end result look like that. Makes you think..hmmm...what other shortcuts did they take.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

erat340

To me, it looks like those headpipes are that low to clear that aftermarket crossbar.