Main Menu

My trip to Ben Snobar's place (lots of photos)

Started by Cuda Cody, June 16, 2017, 07:17:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Plum_crazy_T/A

Thanks Cody for the pics and the info. It must have taken him a lot of time to collect all of that. Lots of things I would like but I don't want to turn into "that guy" .

rocketresto

Thanks @Cuda Cody and @wanderlustin for coming out and giving a helping hand to ID some motors and transmissions!  It is crazy how much stuff is there and it will all be organized into an auction within the month.  Seriously - if you want anything Mopar it's probably there.  A lot of it is stuff that wasn't worth anything 15 years ago but is now - for example Cody found 4 E-Body 3 speed wiper motors and he really wasn't even looking.  Lots and lots of E-Body door panels as well, found a red 70 E-Body console yesterday too.  What is Ola's handle on this board?

To answer Cody's question - yes I believe that is how they will do the auction.  It will be mostly by choice but keep in mind I am not the auctioneer and have no control over how they do this.  Everything thing said here is not binding and just to the best of my knowledge.  I am just acting as a consultant to the Snobar Family and the auction company James G Murphy.  I am also running Northwest Performance and shakerhood.com for the Snobar family as well.

If anybody has any questions feel free to ask.  Most of the time I'm there on Thurs and Fri but will be ramping up my schedule as we get closer to the auction.  My company is Rocket Restorations (www.rocketresto.com) so I'm running that Mon-Wed right now.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

Cuda Cody

Ola is @cudaized   I thought of hum when we found that red console.

Quote from: rocketresto on June 16, 2017, 09:17:48 PM
found a red 70 E-Body console yesterday too.  What is Ola's handle on this board?

Shoooter

Is there going to be a list of motor vins before auction time? My 71 cuda was from the area and I heard he has my 340 motor. I have talked to rocketrestoratiom in the past as the guy I bought the car off of  sent me to him (Stan hickam) I would be intresred in finding out more

cuda hunter

Is there any idea of the draw that this auction will bring in?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

I notice that there is a lot of items that are non car related items.  Well, tools anyway.  Are the tools up for auction as well?
  How about all the other things like fluids, shelving, lighting, collectibles, etc. etc. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

So I'm into auctions.  I go to at least two dozen a year.  Usually whole estate auctions and not as many car parts. 

Seems to me like there is waay more stuff there than what can sell in two days.  At least if all the parts are to be gone through. 
With 100 tranny's I would think that the bidding would end up in the dollars range towards the end in order to get them all sold. 

How in the world are they going to be able to break down all those NOS parts and sell them all in two days.

Is there going to be 2 or 3 rings? 

cuda hunter

thanks for the pics Cody.  I sure appreciate your time to go out and take a look at all these parts and cars. 

Cuda Cody

I would think this is going to draw near 1,000 people.  I too was wondering how they were going to get all the stuff auctioned off in 2 days.  Not going to be easy.

Cuda Cody

Check out the video I uploaded to Facebook.  Revealing a 1968 Hemi VIN for the first time.

[facebook]https://www.facebook.com/Cody.Reich.Cuda/videos/10203385325911689/[/facebook]

torredcuda

It`s got to be a monumental task just to go thru all that stuff and try to organize it. I get overloaded just  thinking about trying to go thru my small stash and it only takes a 1/4 of my basement and some garage space!!!
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

fc7cuda

@Cuda Cody are those TA air cleaner bases in your pic originals?

anlauto

Quote from: fc7cuda on June 17, 2017, 05:52:46 AM
@Cuda Cody are those TA air cleaner bases in your pic originals?

I would guess that they are Ben's reproductions :dunno: :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ec_co

I know its an extreme longshot (maybe not with the looks of things, lol) but if you happen to see a Hyperpack intake .... please let me know. I can certainly go aftermarket, but would prefer the factory intake ... they are pretty rare though

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

cuda hunter

those can be extremely pricey. 

I've got an aftermarket set up. 

Pm me your email and we will talk about it.