Main Menu

R code Challenger

Started by FlatlandTA, November 12, 2017, 04:36:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RzeroB on November 13, 2017, 09:08:41 AM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on November 13, 2017, 07:21:21 AM
Boring Beige is fine for grandma's 4dr Coronet but not a Hemi Challenger ...

:haha:  "Boring-Beige" ... actually sounds like a real factory color ... "Hmmm? Should we get the car in Rallye-Red or Boring-Beige ... what do you think? Well you know how I like earth-tones, so lets make it Boring-Beige. Okay, Boring-Beige it is!"  :haha:

Or the All New for 1970 Gangrene.....  AKA FF4..... Maybe a new name will make it look better....  :rofl:

6bblgt

hey!  :angry: what's wrong with FF4?

"boring beige" AKA "BL1" is the rarest full year "normal" color on a '70 Challenger R/T at less than 50 out of almost 15,000 R/Ts

"BL1" is the rarest "badged musclecar" color for all of '70 ("panther pink" & "green go" included)

Cudagirl3406

My AAR is FF4...   Keeps me smiling; especially when I am rowing the gears!   :)

Chryco Psycho

Great looking AAR , they do not all have to be Orange !!

Rich G.

No picking on us F4 owners! LOL. Dare to be different!

anlauto

@Rich G.  Yours looks painted recently, do you have the brand and mix code that was used by any chance (often printed on a label on the can)  :idea:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Roadman

Quote from: Cudagirl3406 on November 14, 2017, 02:50:22 AM
My AAR is FF4...   Keeps me smiling; especially when I am rowing the gears!   :)

@Cudagirl3406    :unitedstates:              :rebelflag"

Rich G.

Yes, I just painted it a few months ago. It's PPG . Here's the formula they came up with.

anlauto

Thanks Rich, that's great....I have an FF4 car coming up and yours looks right on :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

EV2RTSE

Looks like we have quite a few light green NJ e-bodies here -  pictured is my brother's R/T, stripe delete, factory gator grain car. FF4 looks great when it's fresh. 

In regards to the beige Hemi Challenger, I bet it too would look surprisingly good done. Slick top, tan interior, stripe delete! Definitely different. The tan interior I think makes the exterior color pop.

Rich G.

Nice looking car. The gator grain top is pretty cool. I wonder what it cost back then because they want a small fortune for it now!!!