Main Menu

vanderbrink auction handful of ebodies

Started by cuda hunter, June 05, 2023, 04:14:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Out of control, unrealistic price already on the barracuda.
I hate when an auction will allow online auctioning. 
Makes going to the actual auction NO FUN !!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JH27N0B

I like the roadrunner convertible there. I wonder what it bids to.

HP2

How did everything price out at?

An even dozen of second generation Barracudas. Would like to get my hands on one of those some day.

cuda hunter

I am not sure.  I didn't go.
Since the BH barracuda was already auctioning for more than I would want to pay for it I decided to not go.
Wish I had gone to that auction in Kansas last weekend as the superbird wing, nose, hood and other little conversion parts sold for 3400.    That one is just killin me. 

Vanderbrink should show the results to this auction in the next week.  They have a results page so check back in to see the over priced Colorado stuff. 

HP2

I couldn't see any prices looking at the catalog. I assume you need to have an account for that. Not sur eif I want to see published prices of the results, that might only piss me off for not going.

Yes, we are proud of our classics around these parts. But, your Superbird parts example is proof that you never know how things might stack up. I was at an auction once that had advertised tools, farm implements, and household items. While there I scored an unadvertised deal of a good condition, running '77 Aspen 318 automatic for $300

cuda hunter

Go to the home page.
Left side column click auction results.
https://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/catalog/?auction=17559

Then scroll down to the auction you would like to see the results for.
https://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auction-results/

Then go 3/4 way down the page and click View Auction results.
https://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auction/approx-200-classic-cars-at-auction-coffee-walk-presents-restoration-revival-auction/

That will take you to a spread sheet for that specific auction.
https://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/app/uploads/Coffee-Walk-Retoration-Revival-Results.pdf

You would only be pissed because of how much more the cars sold than what their worth is, in my opinion of course.  Seems every Denver mopar auction I have ever seen, studied or went to brought prices that were way out of my budget. 

HP2

Found the results...WIDE price range on these cars ranging from $1100 to over $200k. '71 Satellite was the $1100, Superbird was $203,000.

Two E body Cudas went for $8000 ('72) and $16,000 ('70).  Not awful, but not great. The '72 was pretty rusty, but a 340 car. '70 was very solid but missing engine and trans.

Challengers went for $7100 ('72), $9000 ('70 R/T shell), $11k ('70 vert), and $13k ('71 vert). The verts had some rust in them but nothing to extensive looking.

The A body Cudas I would have liked to get in on ranged from $1600 to $57,500. These ranged from rusty parts car to resto needed basic fastbacks to fully restored H and Formula S cars. A few of the fastbacks sold for under $3500 that were mostly complete needing work. I would have been liked to have snagged for one of those. Oh well, I waited to view the auction until it was over, so my bad.

cuda hunter

Those prices on the verts were very reasonable. 
My opinion on the 70 barracuda is that it was over priced.
The 72 cuda is appropriate. 
Superbird, not surprising. 

A fast back for 3500 isn't bad at all. Keep in mind, buyers premium and tax.  Then of course, if you were there bidding you would have had to bid with whomever the high bidder was. 
Would have been more than 3500. 

I find it surprising how cheap satellites are typically.