Main Menu

Dash A/C Harness; where do these wires go?

Started by pfonda, May 31, 2020, 08:45:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

pfonda

Looking for help in where to run these wires. Currently, I don't have an A/C blower installed, but didn't just want to leave these dangling under the dash.

Thanks,

Peter

1 Wild R/T

Those plug into the bulkhead connector, one is the A/C clutch feed, the other is the blower feed...

pfonda

Thanks for the help! Does that mean I need to pass the wires through the firewall and connect on the engine side? Or do I need to separate the bulkhead and plug in the middle? Sorry, not to handy on all this wiring, appreciate it.

Peter

1 Wild R/T

There should be two empty cavities that they plug into... Pop the fuse box back off & look where the two four pin connections are, the diagram I attached shows the locations... You could also go look on the outside & see where the blower & clutch feed are on the bulkhead connectors...

pfonda

Ok, I did some digging around this morning, see attached pictures. There's a 4 port connect that runs to the wiper motor (green/blue/red/brown), and then another 4 port connect but only has one port open (next to brown/white/white). I also have an engine side A/C wiring kit that hasn't been installed yet, could this be what the under dash wires need to connect to? Does that mean they run just through the firewall but not through the bulkhead?

Thanks! Sorry for so many questions, this is all new to me!

Peter

1 Wild R/T

Originally they should have gone through the bulkhead connector but if something else is occupying the location you could route them through the firewall elsewhere... The wires don't care..  Just connect the blue to the A/C clutch & the green to the fan...

pfonda

pfonda

Quote from: anlauto on June 01, 2020, 09:08:06 AM
Did you get this figured out, because your two pictures show both harnesses in place already  :twothumbsup:

these green/blue wires are for the wiper motor

Jay Bee

anlauto

Yup...my bad, I just checked a 71 Challenger in my shop....
I was looking at it upsidedown :headbang:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

pfonda

If i yank the brown/yellow wire (for the seat belt relay since I actually don't have any seat belt wiring connected), I suppose I can use ports 3/4 on the connector to run the A/C motor and clutch. The green wire is already on the engine side, so just need to connect the dash side. For the blue line to the clutch, I actually don't have A/C equipped at the moment, should I just leave this disconnected? Will the green wire still run the motor to blow air into the car?

pfonda

anlauto

I have to tap out on this one being a 73 I don't have the service manuals for them. In 70/71 the blue and green wire use number 3&4 like you said, but inside your car, I'm not sure what those white wires taking up the spots are for :huh: They're not there in 70/71.