Main Menu

Modern Led headlights for E bodies

Started by Chryco Psycho, November 24, 2021, 07:01:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ragtopdodge

The Holley ones are flat.

For real OEM look, they should be convex.

These are convex:

https://www.dapperlighting.com/products/oe7

Scooter

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 24, 2021, 07:01:44 PM
This just showed up in my email .
Looks like a great option for better lights that fit our E bodies  :bigthumb:
https://www.holley.com/brands/holley_retrobright/products/exterior/lighting/headlight/round_headlights/

I received the same email & ordered a set (pair) for my Challenger.

Shipping is est. mid December. I'll report back when they arrive.

Dakota

Um yeah we have a little different weather coming up. 

As to the "night rider" question.... Yes, I do drive at night.  Certain times of the summer on isolated roads this turns my car into a bug magnet, so I try to drive as much as I can on roads with street lights. 

70vert

Quote from: ragtopdodge on November 26, 2021, 10:37:59 AM
The Holley ones are flat.

For real OEM look, they should be convex.

These are convex:

https://www.dapperlighting.com/products/oe7

@ragtopdodge  those look really nice! And interesting that they offer an option to have built-in halos   8)

Dmod1974

Also, these don't look like they have a proper projector for the LED to maximize lighting while minimizing glare.  The Dapper Lighting ones do.

Grimmey71

I have the dapper lighting projectors and so far love them.  The cut of lines are crisp and they are bright. I do have halos which I use as turn signals

anlauto

Quote from: Grimmey71 on November 27, 2021, 06:55:49 AM
I have the dapper lighting projectors and so far love them.  The cut of lines are crisp and they are bright. I do have halos which I use as turn signals
I put Dapper lights in the last Challenger I built, they look awesome, so I bought a set for my own 71 Cuda....I guess I'll have to go out for a "NIGHT DRIVE" to check them out : 8)

I used the halos for "daytime running lights" with are mandatory on new cars here in Canada. I light the signal light idea :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Dmod1974

I have the HDR switchback halos too and wired them up so the white halos will be on with the park lights and shut off with the headlights, and the inner ones will flash amber with the turn signals.

anlauto

Quote from: Dmod1974 on November 27, 2021, 07:35:56 AM
I have the HDR switchback halos too and wired them up so the white halos will be on with the park lights and shut off with the headlights, and the inner ones will flash amber with the turn signals.

That's a great idea :thinking: Did you retain the factory signals too though ? That might look odd  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Dmod1974

Yes, I don't mind the look since it's like the newer Challengers.  One could just clip the lower valance lamp turn signal wire if they wanted to.

Scooter

Have the shipment notification for mine... will arrive this week.

Spikedog08

Interesting thread!  Don't drive at night much but sometimes it is necessary. 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

340Challman

They make no mention of a hi and low beam option. Did I miss it? Don't see how you could use 4 low beams without rigging a little and changing your aiming.
Kevin

Scooter

My order arrived today... a single 7 in unit.

Double checked my order confirmation.. and it's exactly what I ordered.

Don't remember any recent heavy drug or alcohol use.. I'm stumped. I ordered 1 unit of a size that is of no use to me. 100% my foul up.  :dunno:

Back it goes... will reorder. Can post a few photos if you like... looks just like photos on website.

https://www.holley.com/products/exterior/lighting/headlight/round_headlights/

cuda hunter

Are any of yal's halo's solid?  Or do they have led light separations? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee