Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on June 04, 2017, 09:03:31 PM
But still no warranty  :thumbdown:

Wrong!   :rolleyes:

http://www.4secondsflat.com/Ignition.html

44KV Out Put
Built In Rev Limiter Externally Adjustable 5200-7000
Start sensor technology to increase Coil Voltage when cranking for quicker starts
No Ballast Resistor
6061 Billet Al. CnC Machined Housing
Bolts in Original Mopar Mounting Holes
Plug & Play to Stock Mopar Electronic Wire Harness
Self Diagnostic System with LED OK Indicator
Triggers Off Any Magnetic Pick-Up Type Distributor
American Made by Skilled American Craftsmen
Boxes Machined in Missouri
Terminals Made in Nevada
Circuitry built in Florida
Assembled in Florida
5 Year Warranty
Easy Replacement for Ford Duraspark, IH, AMC, Early Nissan or any other 4 pin electronic ignition.

Topcat

and then read this...

http://www.4secondsflat.com/CD1-MSD-Crane%20Comparison.htm

I'm sure MSD is a good product. But I also believe there's better stuff out there.

61K T/A

I'm using the 6al analog box, Blaster 3 coil, 8.5 mm wires and Pro Billet distributor. I have no complaints. My engine fires up on the first click of the starter. I still haven't taken it over 5 grand yet to see how it runs. I'm in the middle of trying different plug gaps now.

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: Topcat on June 05, 2017, 06:32:16 PM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on June 04, 2017, 09:03:31 PM
But still no warranty  :thumbdown:

Wrong!   :rolleyes:

http://www.4secondsflat.com/Ignition.html

44KV Out Put
Built In Rev Limiter Externally Adjustable 5200-7000
Start sensor technology to increase Coil Voltage when cranking for quicker starts
No Ballast Resistor
6061 Billet Al. CnC Machined Housing
Bolts in Original Mopar Mounting Holes
Plug & Play to Stock Mopar Electronic Wire Harness
Self Diagnostic System with LED OK Indicator
Triggers Off Any Magnetic Pick-Up Type Distributor
American Made by Skilled American Craftsmen
Boxes Machined in Missouri
Terminals Made in Nevada
Circuitry built in Florida
Assembled in Florida
5 Year Warranty
Easy Replacement for Ford Duraspark, IH, AMC, Early Nissan or any other 4 pin electronic ignition.

On the new boxes yup but nothing on the pre 2011

Cuda66

Really? .... 5 ECU's a few years ago (3 years)?  Are you stating that they were the new HRR688? We haven't made anything else since 2011 which is now 6 years ago.  Over 5000 in use worldwide and 2 warranty claims, hows your box doing?

We keep very good computer records back as far as 2004 and I don't see any multiple orders going to Panama or where ever your at? So who did you buy them from, post your Real name so I can do a detailed search please.  Why was a warranty claim not filed?

You have run your mouth for years posting total lies about my products, me and my company, like your trying to discredit our work and products but you never back it up with any facts.  Just Internet rambling and slanderous unfounded comments about products you have know absolutely nothing about.

To test our ECU you will need to De-solder the Microprocessor and set it up on a Burning Station, then submit a mathematical equation which is usually Pi then you can see how far it can process before it gives a mathematical error the time it takes to do this is about 72 hours for a good one and ours will run as long as 3 weeks.... do you have any comprehension of how high that quality is?  Have you ever pulled apart a new Orange box?  You'll find it's full of sand, only added to add weight to box so it feels like it's actually got something in it besides a bunch of old 60's transistors.

Heat test is started at 100 Milli-volts, 700-800 is normal running voltage, average burn out is 1.1 volts ours goes to 1.98V, this allows the processor to withstand the heat of the engine compartment and the high loads of the RPM of the engine before damage.  This is why we have NO Warranty issues and THE BEST ECU on the market and why what your saying is total nonsense... do you even know what our ASIC chip is? I will assume you have no clue, Let me spell it out for you so you don't have to Google it "Application Specific Integrated Circuit"

To test low load efficiently (Idle) we use a 400 Milli-volt test variable and enter an equation (Pi) and check the time until it throws a mathematical error which with the average processor will take about 20 seconds at this low voltage. We test ours on 250 Milli-volts for about 24 hours before it will throw that same mathematical error.

Simply, this is why our box will Never Retard the timing and is capable in theory of operating a 16 cylinder engine at 25,000 RPM with no issues as long as the coils could keep up, compare that to your old antiquated transistorized ECU from 1960. 

You keep saying you've tested our products, do you work at Intel? Our records don't show you as ever buying anything from us .... ever! But I would have to know Your Real name to be sure. What equipment do you have that you can claim to have tested our ECU on? Post a picture of your Level 5 electronics test equipment so we can all see proof, this type of equipment is linked to a computer screen, you can do a screen capture and post the image of our so called defects right here, let's see them!

Your attempted flaming of our products just shows how truly inept you really are when it comes to modern electronics while our sales of all our quality products just continue to grow and continue to build thousands of happy customers worldwide.

BTW this company and all it's intellectual property is For Sale, just takes a check and you can have all the details of how it all works and you could actually have a real job instead of spending all you time posting foolish, derogatory, unfounded and defaming comments on all these boards.... Over a 100,000 posts... really?  Are my wanna be competitors paying you that well?

Just so you know the definition............

What is defamation?

Generally, defamation is a false and unprivileged statement of fact that is harmful to someone's reputation, and published "with fault," meaning as a result of negligence or malice. State laws often define defamation in specific ways. Libel is a written defamation; slander is a spoken defamation.
What are the elements of a defamation claim?

The elements that must be proved to establish defamation are:

1. a publication to one other than the person defamed;
   2. a false statement of fact;
   3. that is understood as

a. being of and concerning the plaintiff; and
    b. intended to harm the reputation of plaintiff.

If the plaintiff is a public figure, he or she must also prove actual malice.
Is truth a defense to defamation claims?

Yes. Truth is an absolute defense to a defamation claim.

So now you have the truth

Owner: Don Gould
FBO Systems
Cottage Grove Oregon

I'm not afraid to show who I really am and what I have accomplished.

Cuda66

5 Year Warranty retroactive to the 1st box shipped.

Cuda66

See your wrong again!

The Older boxes were warranted for 2 years 3.7 warranty rate, very shallow Bathtub for an electronic component if you know what a "Bathtub Scale is?"

After they went out of production we covered any warranty issues with a huge discount on the new HRR688 Box, so again stop posting incorrect information on our products.

Defaming our products with false and incorrect comments just makes you look like a "Shill"  (Paid reviewer)

You need to use the good old worthless Orange box.... Made in China, Warranty ZERO, now there's a product that needs a lashing.

cuda hunter

sounds like you know your stuff.

Wish you would post more and help out us regulars with your knowledge, regardless of all this stuff going on here. 

Thanks for joining!   :wave:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Cuda66 on June 06, 2017, 07:30:01 AM

You need to use the good old worthless Orange box.... Made in China, Warranty ZERO, now there's a product that needs a lashing.
:iagree: That's the truth! junk

Cuda66

A 3 man team worked tirelessly for nearly 5 years on the HRR688 development, testing and engineering. Our Team brought over 130 years of automotive ignition and automotive electronics engineering experience together on this project.

The Team was broken, a while back we lost our electronics engineer through a brutal and violent crime and to have someone like this come onto a public forum as a "Moderator" and defame his genius and accomplishments is just sickening.  His loss has left a gigantic hole in the world of automotive electronics but his brilliant work lives on in the genius of the HRR688 and many other products he engineered in his life, his name and work should never be allowed to be slighted by someone like this.

Many of the advancements in automotive electronics in the past 30 years can be directly attributed to his engineering skills and many of the products that people here think so highly of are the results of his work.

We sincerely appreciate you as a customer, you own the absolute best, most reliable and most modern ignition system ever built for your Classic Mopar.... Thank You.

Cuda Cody

:welcome: @Cuda66  and thank you for joining us.  I've heard a lot of nice things about you and it's great having you on the site.  Both Neil and Mike (Chryco and Topcat) are very upstanding solid people with a long history of trying to help people.  Please don't take it personable if they have a difference of opinion.  When @Topcat mentioned he was able to get help from you on a Sunday I was impressed.  Not many people or businesses go the extra mile these days to help customers and you have proven again what I believe to be true.  That Mopar people are some of the best and nicest people in the world and they will go out of their way to help a fellow Mopar brother.  So while Chryco or any other custom might have had some past history or experience with one of your products that they feel might assist the situation be sharing, this a perfect chance to prove how valuable you are to the Mopar community by becoming part of the solution so we can all help Topcat get his Cuda back on the road.  Do you have any thoughts on what might be going on with Topcat's cuda and why it's not running right?

Thanks again for your help and sharing your experiences.  We can all learn from others and I look forward to seeing the post from Topcat that says it's solved.  Take care my friend.

CudaMoparRay

Chryco Psycho

Any new product will have failures no matter how much testing you do ...
it all comes down to how you are treated after the failures

Any questions why I will not recommend or have anything to do with this company ??

Topcat

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on June 06, 2017, 02:21:14 PM
Any new product will have failures no matter how much testing you do ...
it all comes down to how you are treated after the failures

Any questions why I will not recommend or have anything to do with this company ??

Sounds like you never really spoken to Don over the phone then.   :alan2cents:

Don went out of the way on the phone trying to help me isolate the problem.
If he was closer, I bet he would've driven down. He even called me back at the end of the day to see how my progress went.

Maybe you should call him and then you can either agree to disagree or come to a common ground on why you have your personal differences.

Oldschool

Quote from: HP_Cuda on June 05, 2017, 12:07:28 PM

Guess I'll be the MSD guinea pig.

Not a problem so far.

Same here. I have been running a MSD 6AL since 2003 with zero issues. Only a dizzy cap and rotor change every so often. 14 years and still performing flawlessly....