Main Menu

Hopefully this time it will continue...... engine rebuild

Started by mopar thunder, January 18, 2018, 04:38:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

js27

Hoping it all turns out well for you-you certainly deserve a break after all those set backs.
JS27

Chryco Psycho

I cannot believe you now have the wrong lifters too , are they dropping too low on the cam base circle ?

mopar thunder

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on December 11, 2018, 08:52:11 PM
I cannot believe you now have the wrong lifters too , are they dropping too low on the cam base circle ?

The holes aren't lining up for oiling. He mentioned something about .0030 play.  I now have Ram Racing involved out of Lynchburg, VA.  They have built a few Ritter blocks and know wha tis needed.  Said they have to tear it down an install bronze guides I believe. Ram asked when we got the Ritter block because the earlier ones weren't needed a lot of help.  They said the newer ones are really much better. My guess is I have one of the earlier ones. To tell you the truth I have been down lately from this. I need to regroup and get some faith back. Hoping this special season will help with that. Right now I am almost to afraid to drive it once it is completed. A part of me feels like I should sell it. I know once it is completed it will be one hell of an engine.

Brads70

:stop:   no don't give up! It will be so worth it when your done!  :yes:

Chryco Psycho

The grin at the end will make it all worth it , hold on you are close  :twothumbsup:

mopar thunder

Sorry for not updating earlier. I got a call and they have to break down the engine and send it to Ram Racing in Lynchburg, Va. for bronze sleeves. Ram Racng said they have completed enough Ritter blocks and know exactly what to do. Unfortunately the holidays came into play and the engine will be disaasembled next week and then off to Ram Racing. This is such a roller coaster. I feel great sometimes and then I'm ready to sell the whole darn car once it is completed.  :looney: Guessing by past experience that I am looking at probably April now before I can expect it to be completed. I know it will be more money.....  :bigmoney:

Chryco Psycho

It would have been nice to have a lot of this info long before starting this project or at least getting close with the assembly .
Make sure you ask Ram Racing if there are any other possible pitfalls while they have the block  :alan2cents:

mopar thunder

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 02, 2019, 06:05:14 PM
It would have been nice to have a lot of this info long before starting this project or at least getting close with the assembly .
Make sure you ask Ram Racing if there are any other possible pitfalls while they have the block  :alan2cents:

Don't you know it....  :pullinghair: Any type of information sheet would have been nice. And yes, since they have experience with these blocks I have asked them to look over of the block and the current status of it.  I don't think it there is but I have said that enough already.

RUNCHARGER

Pretty trying, good luck with it. Reminds me of my 472, somehow I missed that the drivers side oil galleys weren't drilled until I went to pre-oil it. Nothing like what you have experienced but I know it is a heartbreaking feeling, tearing it down and worrying it back together again.
Sheldon

mopar thunder

Update.... (well not much of one) The engine is now at Ram Racing.  The process was explained to me but to tell you the truth I am fed up with it. It is a much more involved process than I thought. So I am guessing the engine will be there thru Feb. Then I am hoping schedule allows it to be re-assembled by the end of March if not sooner. So I gave them a deadline to have it running by Easter because  will be heading up to New Jersey for a week sometime around then.  :fingerscrossed:  :drinkingbud:

Brads70

Bummer.... I'm always excited to click on this post , wanting to hear this beast making some noise!  :burnout:

Chryco Psycho

I agree , I always open this thread hoping for some good news on the build .
Don't give up now !! :cooldance:

mopar thunder

Here it is in it's slumber state. I will keep plugging, I really miss driving it.

mopar thunder

Update.....  Here are some pics of the work completed. I am now waiting for it to be picked up and taken back to be re-assembled. Unfortunately the block is 4.5 hours from the engine builder and he is not sure when he can pick it up. I might just drive up from Florida to pick it up.

Chryco Psycho

Please let it go together without a problem this time around !!