Main Menu

Stock look. Better performance. More manly sound! What's not to like?

Started by moparmadman69, March 17, 2017, 10:37:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

moparmadman69

Hurry discount ends March 31st. Call for discounted pricing on complete systems with Magnum mufflers also.

https://youtu.be/sPx2o4fWg1o

Call, Click or Email

541-672-2661

http://www.accurateltd.com/

accurateexhaustltd@outlook.com

wldgtx

1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

moparmadman69

@wldgtx  Give us a call and we can give you a good deal.  :yes: I'll be leaving today for Carlisle but you can talk to Butch.

Thanks,

Colby

82firebird

Has anyone else used these? They sound great in the video. I have a 340 that I need to change the exhaust note. It has Magnaflows on it now and the drone at all RPM range is driving me insane. My wife says they sound like a fart can.  :bricks:

erik70rt

I put them on my Challenger and I like them.  Not too loud and a good tone - esp when you get on it.  Received a couple of compliments and shows and cruises about the way they sound.  :bradsthumb:

I'd post a vid of how they sound but I have no clue how to post a video on here.  LOL
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

moparmadman69

Quote from: erik70rt on September 12, 2017, 01:07:42 PM
I put them on my Challenger and I like them.  Not too loud and a good tone - esp when you get on it.  Received a couple of compliments and shows and cruises about the way they sound.  :bradsthumb:

I'd post a vid of how they sound but I have no clue how to post a video on here.  LOL

@erik70rt Happy to hear you like them. They do sound pretty awesome! Do you know how to upload it to Youtube? If you upload it there and post the link I can embed it on here and would also upload it on our website. People love to see and hear what their Mopar could sound like!  :yes: :yes: :yes:

Tunis

Do these go on each side of the gas tank? If so, is there anything like this that I can use with a 3" TTI exhaust system or should I just leave that as is? I did have 2.5" TTI in my old car, that did not have the end mufflers, so it had the dreadful drone sound from the trunk area.

erik70rt

Quote from: moparmadman69 on September 13, 2017, 06:39:50 AM
Quote from: erik70rt on September 12, 2017, 01:07:42 PM

@erik70rt Happy to hear you like them. They do sound pretty awesome! Do you know how to upload it to Youtube? If you upload it there and post the link I can embed it on here and would also upload it on our website. People love to see and hear what their Mopar could sound like!  :yes: :yes: :yes:

I'd be happy top have one on your website.  I'll take another video of it to get a little better quality.  Thanks!
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

moparmadman69

Quote from: Tunis on September 13, 2017, 07:47:20 AM
Do these go on each side of the gas tank? If so, is there anything like this that I can use with a 3" TTI exhaust system or should I just leave that as is? I did have 2.5" TTI in my old car, that did not have the end mufflers, so it had the dreadful drone sound from the trunk area.

What kind of mufflers did you use?

Yes they go on the sides of the tank. They are stock dimensions so they wouldn't work with TTI.

One of the biggest problems with putting mufflers under the seat on an E-body is that unlike a B-body the area in which you put the muffler is much smaller. So, you have to put a smaller muffler. With most mufflers the smaller the louder and more resonance you'll have. Best bet would be to avoid Dynomax and especially Flowmaster. Magnaflow resonates less but still can. If you have a Challenger you could try putting some 4" resonators back by the gas tank to help quite it down but with 3" it will still probably be loud. That's your only option unless you are running exhaust manifolds and want to run a stock style setup.

Colby

303 Mopar

Quote from: moparmadman69 on September 14, 2017, 07:15:52 AM
Quote from: Tunis on September 13, 2017, 07:47:20 AM

What kind of mufflers did you use?

Yes they go on the sides of the tank. They are stock dimensions so they wouldn't work with TTI.

One of the biggest problems with putting mufflers under the seat on an E-body is that unlike a B-body the area in which you put the muffler is much smaller. So, you have to put a smaller muffler. With most mufflers the smaller the louder and more resonance you'll have. Best bet would be to avoid Dynomax and especially Flowmaster. Magnaflow resonates less but still can. If you have a Challenger you could try putting some 4" resonators back by the gas tank to help quite it down but with 3" it will still probably be loud. That's your only option unless you are running exhaust manifolds and want to run a stock style setup.

Colby

I had 3" TTI with Dynomax on my '71 Challenger and thought they fit and sounded great!  I'm running the same 3" TTI setup on my '68 Charger too.  I would suggest running an H-pipe over an X-pipe to keep the deep tone, as performance gain is minimal.

I don't thing any exhaust system beyond stock will allow resonators next to the tank.

Tunis

Cool thanks guys for your input! The old car was a 70 Cuda 340. I don't know what kind of mufflers it had.

@moparmadman69 So, the resonance is coming from the rear floor area, not the trunk area? I don't know, that's why I ask, all I could hear was the drone when you reached perhaps 45-50 mph and was cruising. Really annoying. But I guess with 3" exhaust it's going to be so loud anyway that there is little that can improve that.

I guess I will have to address that when I have it all together and/if it is too loud and drones.

Thanks!

moparmadman69

@Tunis

The only thing that you could do is add a set of resonators along the gas tank that are no more that 6" in diameter. You would just have to see how long of one you need once you have the system set up in your car.

Something like this but get it as long as will fit into there: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpe-1794/overview/

Tunis

@moparmadman69

Super! That is really helpful. Thank you so much for taking the time!

Per