Main Menu

Chrome browser?

Started by Cuda Cody, February 20, 2018, 01:23:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

340challconvert

This is a strange, on-going issue
I have tried to post here multiple times over the last week.  My regular browser is Chrome. 
Have no problems with other web sites with Chrome
Currently posting on Explorer;  works with no issues. 
Same issue as others have stated; very slow performance, when trying to type the cursor hangs on and delays typing the letters/words.
Very frustrating.   :clueless:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Cuda Cody

You know what is weird, my Chrome is working perfectly today.  I had given up on it and gone to Explorer.... and not Chrome is working!   :Thud:  I'm not sure what the heck is going on.   :headbang:

Brads70

Quote from: 340challconvert on March 20, 2018, 09:32:48 AM
This is a strange, on-going issue
I have tried to post here multiple times over the last week.  My regular browser is Chrome. 
Have no problems with other web sites with Chrome

Same issue as others have stated; very slow performance, when trying to type the cursor hangs on and delays typing the letters/words.
Very frustrating.   :clueless:

Same here, seems to be no pattern that I can tell? It's only on this site that I have the issues, not a big deal, won't keep me away!  :D

GY3R/T

I have installed my new netgear AC 1900 WIFI router.   :bradsthumb:   The pages load faster but reply page still has pauses. scrolling is intermittent, typing lags behind before showing on screen. But it's better that it used to be...... so far.   :notsure:     With this router i can stream music videos from youtube on our roku.    :veryexcited:   couldn't do that with the old router.

340challconvert

I love the site; so I use Explorer and it works much better. Slow loading, but no hang ups or delays with typing when responding to posts.  :help:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

chargerdon

Ive had the slow typing problem also with chrome...   i find that when it occurs...if i quit chrome and start again...then its fine...   strange..today its working perfectly

Brads70

FYIm its slow for me today 10-15 seconds to load a page?

blown motor

Slow for me also. I tried it on IE and that's slow too.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cuda Cody

:pullinghair:  :pullinghair:  :verymad:  :pullinghair:  :pullinghair:  Wish I knew what what causing it.  Chrome is working good for me again, but the load times do seem really slow today.   :headbang:

Quote from: Brads70 on April 01, 2018, 09:41:57 AM
FYIm its slow for me today 10-15 seconds to load a page?

GY3R/T

:iagree:    Me too. Slow page loading. Aggravating.   :pullinghair:   But at the same time, posting/replying is much better.          Google= Not Net Neutral ?   :angry:

cuda hunter

But it's only slow on this site.  And it's intermittent.  Some times today it's slow and sometimes it's regular.  Like now, no typing lag.

All the other sites are at regular speed.  I often start loading this site and open a new window and open one of the other sites up and start looking through it before I can get this site to load. 

Since I'm mentioning the other sties, cc is dead and febo has increased posts like 10 fold. 

Is someone (person or ai) deliberately going after the site? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda Cody

Let's try something...  I've made a small change.  I'll keep it this way for about 12 hours from now. Let see if this speeds things up a bit.

blown motor

It's a little faster loading pages but there is still a wait time. I've had no typing lag for several days now, except for my brain to fingers lag.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

GY3R/T

Loading pages is working a little better tonight. Kick it Harder or some more Cody.   :deadhorse: :))

Bullitt-

Mine updated so quick this morning I didn't realize it had happened  :looney:
.... still haven't encountered what y'all seem to be experiencing.
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]