Main Menu

New Forum Design

Started by Cuda Cody, November 26, 2023, 07:43:13 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RzeroB

Hey Cody @Cuda Cody  ... who's your new assistant administrator "TwitchisMental"??
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Cuda Cody

:rofl:  Assistant?  He's the new boss!   :veryexcited:    :grouphug:

@TwitchisMental  is the programmer who helped us update the forum.  He's the one that came up with the new design and does all the features for us.  He's like what @Chryco Psycho  is to tuning a car but TwitchisMental is for tuning the forum.   :D

Quote from: RzeroB on December 19, 2023, 03:04:45 PMHey Cody @Cuda Cody  ... who's your new assistant administrator "TwitchisMental"??

RzeroB

Outstanding!!  :perfect10:   Thanks for the update!!
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

cuda hunter

Ok, I have one beef. Same as I had on the last forum set up.

On all the other forums, when I click on a thread that I have read already it takes me to where I left off or where the new post is.
  This forum I have to hit the "new" tab.  I tend to forget about the "new" tab and have to reverse out of the thread to hit the new tab instead of scrolling to find the new post.
I know, it's just a few extra clicks but the convenience of the site remembering where I was and taking me there is quite nice.
I don't suppose there is anyway to achieve that is there. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Spikedog08

The new forum looks fantastic!  :ohyeah:  Thanks to everyone involved!   :worship:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

captcolour

Quote from: blown motor on December 17, 2023, 06:26:11 AMWhen I'm on a page and click the back button to go back to the treads page it take me to the last website I was on, not the last page in this website, except when I make a post, then it's ok. Is anyone else seeing this?

When I first log in and go to a thread, the back button takes me all the way back to the log in page and not the last page so similar issue.  Once I go back to the forum, doesn't do this again.  I'm using my laptop with Chrome.  No big deal but similar to Blown Motor's issue.

MoparLeo

I really like that now when you hover over a posting , that you get a look at the actual text similar to what other sites do.
This is great as it is very easy to skim quickly over all the posts to see what is inside with out actually going to the post totally. Also I noticed now that posting pictures is as simple as going to the bottom and clicking on the " add files " at the bottom. This did not do this before and is a very good improvement. Thanks.

moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

MoparLeo

Spell check ? I need it.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

TwitchisMental

Quote from: MoparLeo on December 20, 2023, 01:15:36 PMSpell check ? I need it.

Most browsers have a built in spell check feature. Which browser are you using?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another note, some of the requested features or behaviors are actually enabled by using going into profile > look and layout. I do suggest checking those features ;).  One option under POSTING is "Return to topics after posting by default" which I believe will solve some of the reported "issues".

Quote from: captcolour on December 20, 2023, 06:55:24 AM
Quote from: blown motor on December 17, 2023, 06:26:11 AMWhen I'm on a page and click the back button to go back to the treads page it take me to the last website I was on, not the last page in this website, except when I make a post, then it's ok. Is anyone else seeing this?

When I first log in and go to a thread, the back button takes me all the way back to the log in page and not the last page so similar issue.  Once I go back to the forum, doesn't do this again.  I'm using my laptop with Chrome.  No big deal but similar to Blown Motor's issue.

If you are going to a thread by clicking one of the recent posts at the top and then clicking back... that is the correct behavior.

Quote from: MoparLeo on December 20, 2023, 12:50:54 PMI really like that now when you hover over a posting , that you get a look at the actual text similar to what other sites do.
This is great as it is very easy to skim quickly over all the posts to see what is inside with out actually going to the post totally.

Which is a built in feature of SMF that just needed to be enabled. :)

Quote from: MoparLeo on December 20, 2023, 12:50:54 PM Also I noticed now that posting pictures is as simple as going to the bottom and clicking on the " add files " at the bottom. This did not do this before and is a very good improvement. Thanks.

Yep that is due to a handy plugin made by the SMF Lead Dev Sesquipedalian. I simply installed it :).

Quote from: Cuda Cody on December 19, 2023, 03:10:51 PM:rofl:  Assistant?  He's the new boss!   :veryexcited:    :grouphug:

@TwitchisMental  is the programmer who helped us update the forum.  He's the one that came up with the new design and does all the features for us.  He's like what @Chryco Psycho  is to tuning a car but TwitchisMental is for tuning the forum.   :D

Quote from: RzeroB on December 19, 2023, 03:04:45 PMHey Cody @Cuda Cody  ... who's your new assistant administrator "TwitchisMental"??

I appreciate the kind words and happy to be of assistance. However just to clarify I am not a full stack programmer.(Although I am learning) 

I am merely a web designer/front end coder.  I am also very familiar with how web software(especially SMF) and web hosting works :).

captcolour

Quote from: TwitchisMental on December 20, 2023, 01:55:44 PM

If you are going to a thread by clicking one of the recent posts at the top and then clicking back... that is the correct behavior.

I first click on General Topics then a thread under that.  Back takes me to the log in, just the first time.  All other times goes up a page.  Again no big deal.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: captcolour on December 23, 2023, 06:32:28 AM
Quote from: TwitchisMental on December 20, 2023, 01:55:44 PM

I first click on General Topics then a thread under that.  Back takes me to the log in, just the first time.  All other times goes up a page.  Again no big deal.

Hummm that shouldn't happen. I am unable to reproduce too.

Which Operating System and Browser are you using?

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies?

Do you have any plugins/extensions installed in your browser?

Cuda Cody

I'm unable to reproduce it.  Wondering if it has something to do with the ads since that's about the timing that an ad would pop up?  :thinking: 

captcolour

Quote from: TwitchisMental on December 23, 2023, 08:37:21 AMIf you are going to a thread by clicking one of the recent posts at the top and then clicking back... that is the correct behavior.

[/quote]
Hummm that shouldn't happen. I am unable to reproduce too.

Which Operating System and Browser are you using?  Windows 10 & Chrome

Have you tried clear your cache and cookies?  Yes, have a plug-in to clear them every time Chrome closes

Do you have any plugins/extensions installed in your browser?  Roboform, Click&Clean, and Remote Desktop
[/quote]

TwitchisMental

First thing I would try is disabling all extensions and then try to replicate the issue again.

cuda hunter

Is there anyway to have a "like" counter?
I know on some of the other sites folks can be "like" whores but I really like it as it kind of validates some folks contributions. 
  No biggie, just pointing out what I do like about the "competitors". 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee