Main Menu

Serious slowdown on the site today

Started by HP_Cuda, September 20, 2018, 01:41:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Jay Bee

What I do is, if the page doesn't load immediately I just abort and try back later, simple. This has now become my new normal, I've adapted to it. That might not work for some but I'm okay with it.

Personally, I don't see myself paying to go onto a forum, no matter how good it is. There's too many free options out there.

Brads70

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 01, 2021, 03:50:44 PM
Okay.  Found the issue.  Over the last week the forum has been targeted by spammers out of Germany.  On average a couple times a day they were attacking the forum about 8,000 to 9,000 times in 24 hours.  We have made some changes to the firewall that should stop them.

Thanks you everyone for letting me know the site was super slow and hopefully the new changes will help keep those spammers out.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this crap Cody. Must be a real drag for you as I'm sure you have much better things to do. Just wanted you to know we appreciate it and all you do for this site!  :clapping:
:grouphug:

Jay Bee

My apologizes if this offended anyone but I couldn't resist.

blown motor

Thank you @Cuda Cody. I truly appreciate the effort you and all the moderators put in to make this site great.  :worship:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Jay Bee

@Cuda Cody very slow again as of right now. Who knows what'll it be like after I hit "Post"

Jay Bee