Main Menu

Long term ownership of your E-body ?

Started by bentpshrods, October 17, 2020, 05:07:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

bentpshrods

After reading Cudajasons post on having his car for 30 years now got me to thinking of who has had their car the longest.   I think there are a few members who have had their cars since new, but not many can say that. Lucky for me I have had my cuda for 43 years. (July 77). Had it sold once a long time ago for 4,000.00. Guy came over and looked at it and said he would go to the bank and get the money and be right back. Never showed up. Was mad for quite a while as I was young and broke at that time. Just stupid luck I think that I have had the car this long and it survived my youth for the most part.   ::)   So as not to hijack Jasons thread who can claim the title of having their car the longest. 70/6chall said he's had his for 44 years, a few others at 30 years.  Even those that are not long time owners can chime in.  Would be good to hear from the younger generations who are just getting into these cars and if they think they will hold on to them for a while. 

Fastmark

Purepony

I bought my car in 2004 i think maybe 05 and I've had it since. I've thought about selling it but can't part since it's been with me for a long time.

I can't wait to drop a hemi 6.4 in there

Skdmark

I've owned my 71 R/T since April of 90. I'm the 3rd owner and picked it up (out of state) when I was 16.
The car is 3 years older than me.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

1 Wild R/T

My current Challenger I bought in May of 95..... I've had assorted Challenger's continuously since 1975...  Often times more than one...

JH27N0B

I've had my T/A since 1978. 42 years this December.  :o
https://www.dodgegarage.com/news/article/lifestyle/2018/12/long-term-relationships-the-one-that-didnt-get-away-chapter-1.html
I've had my convertible since '97. Doesn't seem that long ago but it's been 23 years.

anlauto

This is going to be a great thread I can just tell. Wonderful idea bent :clapping:

I quite opposite of ALL you guys....The longest I've ever owned a muscle car, or any car actually, was about 7 years. 31/2  of those years was restoring the car, the rest of the time was trying to sell it...Every car I've ever restored for myself has always been for sale so that I could afford to restore the next one....Always said I've loved restoring them more than owning them  :tool:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70/6chall

After returning from overseas in 1971, I started looking for employment and a car to get to a job when I found it. My Father knew I had no money for a set of wheels to get to work, so..............
He found a Dodge dealership, in a local trade magazine,  that just got a '70 Challenger in on a trade with 40K miles on the clock. So we went off to look at it, this was in the early part of 1972, there it sat on the used side of Moss Motors Dodge, Riverside, Ca. ( which is still in operation today), my Father bought it for me for $1,100.00
We purchased a 1970 Dodge Challenger, base model car powered by the tried and true 225 Slant6,
Go-Mango, black interior, Auto. trans. all dressed up in SE trim. I started dating a real nice gal in it and found a job or career as it ended up being. I ended up paying Dad back with interest, and pressed the Dodge into daily service.
Fast forward to now, retired from career with the USPS after 42 years. Still have that gal I dated, now my wife of 44 years and the Dodge, I retired it in 2005 with 562K miles behind it. The car still looks great to this day. This car was built on the first day of regular production Aug. 18, 1969, out of LA.
Number 113 off the assy. line. How's that for history?  Thanks for reading,   Al

GoodysGotaCuda

Bought mine when I was 17 [2004], I'm 33 now. So I've had it half of my life, just about.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Mr Lee

Quote from: 70/6chall on October 17, 2020, 05:49:50 PM
After returning from overseas in 1971, I started looking for employment and a car to get to a job when I found it. My Father knew I had no money for a set of wheels to get to work, so..............
He found a Dodge dealership, in a local trade magazine,  that just got a '70 Challenger in on a trade with 40K miles on the clock. So we went off to look at it, this was in the early part of 1972, there it sat on the used side of Moss Motors Dodge, Riverside, Ca. ( which is still in operation today), my Father bought it for me for $1,100.00
We purchased a 1970 Dodge Challenger, base model car powered by the tried and true 225 Slant6,
Go-Mango, black interior, Auto. trans. all dressed up in SE trim. I started dating a real nice gal in it and found a job or career as it ended up being. I ended up paying Dad back with interest, and pressed the Dodge into daily service.
Fast forward to now, retired from career with the USPS after 42 years. Still have that gal I dated, now my wife of 44 years and the Dodge, I retired it in 2005 with 562K miles behind it. The car still looks great to this day. This car was built on the first day of regular production Aug. 18, 1969, out of LA.
Number 113 off the assy. line. How's that for history?  Thanks for reading,   Al
Did i read that right?  Your Challenger has 562,000 miles on it?!
And you retired it in 2005?  How come?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

GrandpaKevin

Bought my 73 Challenger 40 years ago at age 15 for $1000, had to get a loan and stocked shelves at the local grocery store to pay for it.

Spent many hours under the hood and countless pay checks to keep it running.

Drove it through high school, to prom, and college part time.

Proudly I still got the old clunker. :bigthumb:

Mr Lee

I'm 45.  I've had my car for 29 years, but this year is the first time I've ever driven it because its been apart since right after I got it when i was 16. 
Yeah I'm one of those "Agh, he's never gonna finish that car". 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

dodj

Acquired challenger in '85....
Swapped a Remington model 700 for it.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

71vert340

I've bought  mine at the age of 19 in June 1972 for $1950. I had to sell my Impala and my 36 Chevrolet Standard (in shade under tree) to help pay for it. My parents 70 Duster on right.
Terry

6bblgt

I bought my '70 R/T out of MCG  -  summer '93 after Chryslers at Carlisle   :o   27 years