Main Menu

Anyone watching Barrett Jackson?

Started by Cuda Cody, January 18, 2017, 06:53:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Thinking I'll grab a beer and catch some of the show.  Anyone seen any cool E-Bodies go over the block yet?

A.Gramz

I believe a 70 barracuda went over about an hour ago.

They must be behind there pushing them through pretty fast

anlauto

Don't the Mopars only go on the commercials ? :pokeeye:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Crazypete

Cuda Cody

Just caught the last hour of coverage tonight. But didn't see any E-bodies.  What did the 440+6 clone sell for?

Cuda Cody

Watched a bit of recorded BJ this morning and that yellow 440+6 cuda clone looked really nice for the $36k it went for! 

303 Mopar

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 19, 2017, 07:35:59 AM
Watched a bit of recorded BJ this morning and that yellow 440+6 cuda clone looked really nice for the $36k it went for!

:iagree:  That looked to be a nice car, but I would assume there were some things wrong with it.  As know you, the way it looks on camera can be significantly different than seeing it in person.  BTW - they updated the final price (including commission) to $39,600.

That '71 Pink Barracuda with the fake shaker hood went for $55,000 and didn't look nearly as nice.

Cuda Cody

:yes:  between the 70 Yellow 440+6 Cuda clone and the 71 Hemi Cuda Clone, I thought the Yellow one was far better condition and a better value.   :alan2cents:

HP_Cuda

Yeah I couldn't believe that.

The other thing I really liked about the BJ auction is the pace at which the cars went across.

Sometimes when I'm watching Mecum it friggin takes forever and I just lose interest in watching yet another corvette or camaro cross the block.  :bricks:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

A.Gramz

Cuda Cody

That T/A was about right for what it was.  I would have guessed a little higher, but even on the quick shots on the TV you could see a lot of things that would need a little work. :alan2cents:

anlauto

Just watched that 4 door pick-up fetch $117K :takealook:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda Cody

It's not looking good for E-Body prices right now.  I know you have to be there, but this V-Code RT/SE looked like a great deal at $50k.  Color and Auto didn't help it, but only $50k?   

Looking forward to seeing more E-Bodies go over the block!   :popcorn:

Cuda Cody

Next year we're going to see a 1000 trucks at every auction now.   :bricks:

Quote from: anlauto on January 19, 2017, 05:03:44 PM

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 19, 2017, 05:11:13 PM
Next year we're going to see a 1000 trucks at every auction now.   :bricks:

Quote from: anlauto on January 19, 2017, 05:03:44 PM

Top seller right now is another GMC truck