Main Menu

Daily driver?

Started by gumby, January 31, 2018, 03:06:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

I have a Mazda 626 with almost 170K on it.

I go thru cars pretty quick driving 50-60K a year.
I'll clear 200K by this fall.

JS29

95 F-super duty Wrecker, 96 F-350 4x4.

CudaMoparRay

Long story as to why it was Mopar that led me to Mitsubishi in the first place but that explanation for a later day.
My daily driver is my 1996 3000GT VR-4.

BillR1212

Well I used to have a 2001 Lincoln Town Car until I pulled over on an on ramp to send an email. When I shifted it back into drive I accidentally went one gear too far into 2nd. Accelerated to 85, set the cruise and had my music on so I never heard the engine winding out for about 4 miles until it lost power. Pulled over and about as soon as I parked the heater core exploded from the hot radiator fluid. Sitting in the yard awaiting engine swap to make it a derby/enduro car.

Now a 2013 used Ford Fusion energi. 20 miles of electric power before the engine kicks in. Enough to get me to work where I can plug it again on their dime. averaging 62 MPGs between gas and electric. Helps off set Cuda, Boat and F350.

72 Challenger

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on February 05, 2018, 12:33:00 PM
Long story as to why it was Mopar that led me to Mitsubishi in the first place but that explanation for a later day.
My daily driver is my 1996 3000GT VR-4.
I have a huge soft spot for the Japanese super cars of the late 80's and 90's. My buddy's parents had a Monza Red 1992 Mitsubishi VR-4 manual with a tan coloured interior. It was a beast. My personal favourite is the Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo but they were all so cool. RX-7, Supra etc...

Very nice ride.
Someday I will have a J0b.

pink aar

I drive a Toyota Corolla to work everyday. 85 miles round trip. 30 miles to the gallon

So, this is my weekend driver when the weather is nice.  This one is 6 miles to the gallon

Cudajason

Quote from: pink aar on February 06, 2018, 10:57:44 AM
I drive a Toyota Corolla to work everyday. 85 miles round trip. 30 miles to the gallon

So, this is my weekend driver when the weather is nice.  This one is 6 miles to the gallon

Wait...your screen name is @pink aar ...and you own a GREEN Camaro.... :notsure: :notsure: :notsure: :help: :help:  is there a head exploded emoji????

LOL. I'm kidding, that looks cool.
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Cudajason

my daily is over there <-----

2016 Charger.  SXT. 

That little V6 is more than enough fun for a daily driver...great on gas on the highway too!  Around the city...meh.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

pink aar

I'm a true MUSCLE CAR person. No favorites here. Yes, one day I may get finished with this AAR . It's eating me a  live. Can I post my other car?. Some people are MOPAR only. I'm everything.
Yes, i have a mustang also    1995 Saleen s351 17000 original mile. 1 of 3 built.   1 of only 2 left

Cudajason

Quote from: pink aar on February 06, 2018, 11:11:54 AM
I'm a true MUSCLE CAR person. No favorites here. Yes, one day I may get finished with this AAR . It's eating me a  live. Can I post my other car?. Some people are MOPAR only. I'm everything.
Yes, i have a mustang also    1995 Saleen s351 17000 original mile. 1 of 3 built.   1 of only 2 left

I am with you man...I like them all, I just happened to get lucky as a kid and bought a mopar.  It would be an awfully boring place if we all like the same thing!

Red Big Block Camaro...nice!! :bradsthumb:  :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

Jason

RUNCHARGER

That 96 car is nice. I just sold my Mitsu, I got cash and a 2 wheeler for it, I wan't driving it so it was time to move it. 320HP, 6 speed, I can honestly say it was as fast as my stock Hemi cuda was, hard to admit though.
Sheldon

MEK-Dangerous

Meet Barney.

The first picture is 2 months after I bought him. The second picture is of Friday morning at Carlisle last year when the clouds opened up on us.

Barney looks like he needs a garage .
I could make room here in Texas.

RusTy/SE

I daily drove the 86 D250 from new until 2013 when the 01 Durango SLT took over.
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

rhamson

A whole lot of no money gets my butt down the street everyday in my '97 Ranger. No power steering, no AC, and I had to put a radio in it. Say what you will but it gets 28 MPG!