Main Menu

Finally finished the video

Started by blown motor, October 09, 2017, 01:56:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

Very cool.

I like the dodge windshield decal you have, where did you get it?

blown motor

Quote from: Husk Challenger on October 10, 2017, 06:00:27 AM
Great video!

It takes a lot of time to record and edit this kind of video....when you don't master edit video software like me  :steamingmad:

Quote from: wldgtx on October 10, 2017, 06:50:41 AM
When it first started I was like... this video could use some good ride-a-long music... and then it came on.

Well done, I really like the use of multiple camera mounting points, in and out shots, and how well the video went with the music at the end.

Well done!

Thanks for the compliments gang.

We spent about 2 1/2 hours shooting on a two mile stretch of road. That included an ice cream break. I'm not sure how long I spent viewing what we shot and deciding what I was going to use but it took a few evenings. Then we spent about 4 hours, I think, putting it all together. We wanted the music to come on at the transition from the first segment to the second segment and we nailed it on the first try. That was beginners luck. It took much longer to get the ending right. The whole thing, including credits, ended up about a half a minute shorter than I had first planned, with no credits, but we wanted it to fit the music. It was our first attempt at this and we had to learn the editing program. We shot it with a GoPro and used GoPro Studio to put it together. A couple of points that I don't know if anyone noticed. First, on the first segment we applied a 70s filter. It give it a bit of an old school look but it's subtle. Did anyone pick up on that? Second, we thought the applause at the end of the song worked well for the credits. After we show the music credit Jackson Browne says "Thank You". Did anybody catch that one?

I have to give a lot of credit to my daughter and her boyfriend. They had a lot of input and did most of the computer work. I could not have done this myself. We are very pleased with our first attempt but we learned a lot also. Our heads are swimming with ideas for more. Can't wait for next summer.

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

blown motor

Quote from: dave73chally on October 10, 2017, 07:22:17 AM
Very cool.

I like the dodge windshield decal you have, where did you get it?

That decal was on the car when I bought it five years ago. I took it off last year but had a graphics shop duplicate it in case I ever want to get one made again. I was reluctant to use that picture because the car is not exactly like that any more. The other difference is that the hood scoop inserts are now red. Maybe that doesn't matter.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Shane Kelley

Well done.
First thing to pop in my mind when I hear that song. Forest Gump.

jimynick

Great video Murray! That stretch of road looks kinda familiar, LOL!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

750-h2

Loved it!  Thanks for sharing.  :twothumbsup:

Cudakiller70

Man that's really neat! Thanks  :bigthumb: