Main Menu

Finished a few projects

Started by Burdar, May 01, 2018, 05:50:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Burdar

I recently finished a few projects that have been taking up a lot of space.  This first piece is just a simple tailgate bench.  Total investment is about $10 in screws.  The wood is all scrap and I had some stain left over from another project.  I was originally going to use an old Challenger trunk lid for the seat back but it didn't look right.  Dad had this Dakota tailgate collecting dust up in the attic and said I could use it. I might add a license plate to the front to complete the look.  An older tailgate would have looked better but this doesn't look bad.

71-440

Cool idea! :bigthumb:

Are you stashing a couple six packs behind that tailgate?    :haha:
Joe

Katfish

Very nice, looks professional!

Burdar

The next two are some rustic looking dressers.  These took a long time to build.  Dad and I worked on them a weekend here and there for a couple years.  I hate sanding so I did as little as possible on these.  I actually made swirl marks in the wood with a cupped wire wheel on my angle grinder.  The wire wheel gave the wood a neat pattern.  Total investment in these two is probably a couple hundred dollars.  I had to buy some screws, plywood for the backs and drawers, slides, stain and lacquer. The main frame and tops are made from deck boards.  One of my wife's co-workers got tired of staining her deck every year.  She tore off the wood and replaced it with composite.  I hauled all the old wood away for free.  So far I've made two nightstands, a headboard and two dressers with it.  I left all the screw holes in place.  I think it gives them a cool look.  Yes, they are HEAVY!!!

RUNCHARGER

Those look good: I am not a fan of modern sawdust board furniture.
Sheldon

nsmall

Car whisperer and now wood shop guru.  You the man Darren!

ToxicWolf

That's really great looking stuff.  :wave:

Cuda Cody

ledphoot

Timbbuc2

Very Nice work!!!! This is quality!
Get in, I'll drive

Chryco Psycho