Main Menu

Got my house paid off

Started by gumby, September 10, 2018, 05:50:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

gumby

Not bragging, just saying. 55 years old. WoW! what a feeling. No other payments except a couple of thousand on a 2006 Honda Element. And I bought a stupid
Galaxy s9 phone, that I don't know how to use? I had to ask a guy at work how to answer it? Serious. Who would have thought "swipe"?

It's the American Dream. NO MORE PAYMENTS! I haven't owned a tv in 18 years. I don't drink coffee or soda. I don't go out to eat. I drive used cars -
my 1987 Suburban bit the dust, so I bought a 2006 Honda Element. Got a 1972 Dodge Challenger. Everything is paid for except the Element.

May sound boring to you?  It's all good. Believe me.  WoW! You can't believe how GOOD this feels!  OMG! FREEDOM!

73_Cuda_4_Me

:cheers:

Congrats on reaching such a big milestone! I know that feeling!

:banana:
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

gzig5

Congrats!    :twothumbsup: I paid mine off last year at 50 years old.  No debt is a nice feeling.  Do have two kids that will be going to college but hopefully the fully funded 529's will get them through.  I suggested putting  some of the payments we're not making on the house, into the Cuda.  Wife gave me a very strange look  :thumbdown: and I avoided her for the next couple of days.  All better now.

blown motor

Quote from: gzig5 on September 10, 2018, 06:06:53 PM
Congrats!    :twothumbsup: I paid mine off last year at 50 years old.  No debt is a nice feeling.  Do have two kids that will be going to college but hopefully the fully funded 529's will get them through.  I suggested putting  some of the payments we're not making on the house, into the Cuda.  Wife gave me a very strange look  :thumbdown: and I avoided her for the next couple of days.  All better now.

I think that means she would rather see you put the money into your next car instead.  :yes:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

RUNCHARGER

Congrats: I finally got mine paid off a few years ago (paid one off about 12 years ago then moved to a higher market) and it's a great feeling.
Sheldon

GY3R/T

That's Great !!!!  Now all you have is thousands in property tax EACH YEAR !   :pokeeye:   :D

Katfish

Congrats! Looking forward to the day mine is paid off.
I honestly would consider retiring early if I could eliminate that huge monthly expense.

anlauto

Congratulations, you're very lucky  :bravo:

I'm pretty sure my house will be paid off sometime in my next life time....pretty certain we'll be up to our necks in debt when they burry us... :thinking: :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

That's fantastic!   :veryexcited:  Way to go man!!!   :clapping:

1 Wild R/T

It's a good feeling..... Suddenly you have money in the bank....Not that there wasn't before, there's just more sooner....  And still no desire to buy a new car....

JH27N0B

Mine would be paid off except in 2008 I refinanced my 30 year mortgage with around 11 years left on it to a new 15 year mortgage.  And this was a cash out to finance tearing down my tired leaking roofed 2 car garage and building a new man cave 3 car garage, and to remodel my crappy kitchen.  So I would be happy to not have to make a mortgage payment every month anymore, but sure love my garage and am not embarrassed to have people see my kitchen like was the case 10 years ago!  Plus I have room to keep 3 Challengers rather than 2!
Now that I won't be itemizing deductions, I have been looking to pay off the balance of my mortgage in the near future.

Swamp Donkey

That's got to be a great feeling.  I had mine paid off in 2015 when I was 41.  Then I went and built my shop in 2015 and went back into a mortgage for another 130,000.  But I don't think it was a bad decision.  Pic of my shop. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Cuda70-74

Congrats still got years to go on mines
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

ledphoot

Wow how cool, that's gotta feel GREAT!

Chryco Psycho

Congrats , That is awesome !!
I am no longer making payments either  , .............. Wait I don't own a house  :Thud: