Main Menu

Lets see your garage/shop/mancave

Started by Brads70, August 21, 2017, 04:55:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Cody does nothing 1/2 way , it is all or nothing just like building this site !!

Voodoo Child

I can relate to Cody being anal and wanting it done right! When my buddy's and I built mine they let me work the circular saw for about 15 minutes. Now all them being in the construction trades and I  a CNC Machinist, I'm still looking on my decimal chart for a ""HEAVY HALF or LIGHT QUARTER""   WTF!!!!! After 15 minutes of bitching my one buddy grabs the saw and tells me to go use the nail gun and try not to nail my hand to the wall!!! :haha:

Mickm

Wow, you guys have some really nice shops/garages. Cody, you are in a group all your own.

Mine, is not as nice as most and certainly smaller. It's 24'x30' with a vaulted ceiling. My last shop was 2500 sq. feet but only had 9' ceilings. This was not very good when it came to working under the lift as I could only raise the car about 4 feet so it was necessary to sit on a stool and roll under the car.
This time, I can raise the car up with the doors, hood and deck lid open without problem.

Anyway, here it is.

Here's the outside. The door on the right is the shop door. I only wanted a single door as I only plan to have one car to work on.

Here's the front wall, door and lift.

And with the lift up.

Workbench

All globes are switched on the wall when you come in from the garage. However, not on in this shot.

Cold brew anyone?

View out back

Cheers!
Mickm

Cuda Cody

Super cool garage and WOW what a view!!!!   :lookatthat:

nsmall

Mickm, dang, you have one good looking set up.  I love the stance of your car too.  Normally I'm not a fan of large rims, but you nailed it.  Thanks for sharing.

YellowThumper

Now back to reality...
SoCal where dirt is tooooo expensive.

Gotta move one to get to the other.
Also built a small shed on the side with a mill, lathe, mig and tig welders.

Still get it done just not pretty.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Chryco Psycho

ViperMan

Quote from: Mickm on August 24, 2017, 07:02:46 PM

View out back

WOW!!!   :rubeyes:

Do you own the golf course??  Or just that close to it?  Man - duck when ya hear "FORE!!!"  :)

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: YellowThumper on August 24, 2017, 09:33:44 PM
Now back to reality...

I feel your pain lmao  :rofl:

Brads70

Quote from: YellowThumper on August 24, 2017, 09:33:44 PM
Now back to reality...

Pretty much the same with me.....

Mickm

ViperMan, no I don't own the course, just lucky enough to live on the 15th. Fairway. Believe it or not, we very seldom find a ball in our yard.

Nsmall, thanks I am pleased with the stance too.

Cheers!
Mickm

Finoke

Beautiful garages / man caves! Mine is more like a working garage with some mopar collectibles....

RUNCHARGER

How we did it in 1980 in Canada. it hasn't gotten much better unfortunately. 440 out, 426 in.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 27, 2017, 05:38:15 PM
How we did it in 1980 in Canada. it hasn't gotten much better unfortunately. 440 out, 426 in.

I can beat that.....From the mid-80's until 2000 I did all my work at my parents house, they didn't have a shop or a garage, not even a carport.....I did everything in the backyard or driveway.
I got this car back from the body shop in Oct and did the complete assembly in the driveway in the Winter... :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Yeah but the GY3 looks good against the snow Alan.
Sheldon