Main Menu

Lets see your garage/shop/mancave

Started by Brads70, August 21, 2017, 04:55:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Voodoo Child

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 21, 2017, 08:30:36 PM
WOW!!!  Nice Hellcat.  I would have to sell half my cars to get a Hellcat.  I want to own one someday.   :fingerscrossed:
Thanks Cody!  I still get more waves and thumb's up with my 70 then the Hellcat. Most people can't tell the difference between a Hellcat and a 6cyl. SXT  :haha:

Shoooter

wow great shops guys.  we have major shop size restrictions around here. I 'll find some of my shop. nothing exciting like all the ones posted

cbuczesk

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on August 21, 2017, 10:40:45 AM
Quote from: cbuczesk on August 21, 2017, 07:23:22 AM
It's still a work in progress. There's a clean/paint bay, large work bay and a car/parts storage area.

Chuck

Chuck, how big is your little slice of heaven?   

Currently I have a 24x26 space with a 8x20 room off the side where I keep my cars.....  But we've been looking at property & when we buy the plan includes either buying a place with a shop or building a shop....  I also currently have a rental shop where I do business related work that I plan to bring home with me...   That shop is 24x50 & has a single roll up door on the short side.... Which means any time you want access to whats on the back wall you have to empty the shop.... PITA..  I want multiple doors so I can get out what I need without having to empty the building.....

Total size is 40x118. But part of it is for the horses. So about 40x80 for the cars. The garage is now full and we have 6 cars outside. Ugh. I have the two work bays walled up, insulated and painted. They have a mini-spit HVAC system which is awesome. I plan to put in a 2 post lift in the big work bay and maybe some 4 post storage lifts in the storage area.

Chuck

wldgtx

I saw some pretty sick shops, garages, man caves, etc...

and then I scroll to see Cody's, What in the %*&#, seriously?  That is beyond awesome, I cannot even imagine what you have wrapped up in to that palace.

BTW, what Lottery did you win?  All kidding aside, that is absolutely beautiful, killer setup.  Did someone say party?
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

Jay Bee

blown motor

Cody, you and Jeni should be so proud of what the two of you have built. Super cool that she helped you build it. A Challenger trip to Brush Prairie is on my bucket list.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cuda Cody

I wish we won the lottery... would have been a lot easier.  We're not rich so we had to do all the work ourselves.  But that allowed us to save a lot of money and I was even able to use recycled sign boards too.  Doing it our self allowed us to make sure we did not cut any corners, but in the end it took every spare minute of my life for nearly 3 years to get it done.  When I built the shop lumber was super cheap because nobody was building houses so there was not a lot of demand for framing materials.  I worked on it every single day after work and weekend....  every holiday, vacation and weekend was spent working on it.

With some simple tools, my bucket truck from work and help from friends we were able to do something that I can feel very proud of.  Rain or shine I would build a little each day.  There were a couple times I would be out there working on it until 3 or 4 am and still have to go to work in the morning.  Lots of people have more money then me and lots of people have a nicer cars then me, but I take a lot of pride doing things with my own hands and I feel great about what I was able to build.

A funny story...  The first day I started doing the mason block work I went at it really hard.  A super long day of laying block and mortar for the bar eating area and BBQ.  I had some cheap gloves on all day and could feel my fingers really stinging and in pain, but wanted to keep going.  When I finally stopped at the end of the day and took the gloves off I found that sand had gotten in my glove and right where my little pinky knuckle lines up with the next finger it had worn a hole through my skin down to the bone.  I now understand the term "working your fingers to the bone".  My bone on the finger next to my pinky was completely exposed.  I now have the scar to prove how hard it was to build the shop.

Quote from: wldgtx on August 22, 2017, 03:59:55 AM
I saw some pretty sick shops, garages, man caves, etc...

and then I scroll to see Cody's, What in the %*&#, seriously?  That is beyond awesome, I cannot even imagine what you have wrapped up in to that palace.

BTW, what Lottery did you win?  All kidding aside, that is absolutely beautiful, killer setup.  Did someone say party?

Burdar

I guess this is my "man cave".  This is where my wife sends me when I say I want to go work on the car.

wldgtx

Awesome that you did the work yourself.  I am the same way, my wife comments all the time how I am fearless to try something on my own.  It's pride in doing the work, and saving money is always nice. 

Be proud, it is truly a masterpiece and even more so knowing you did the work yourself.   :bradsthumb: :banana:
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

Brads70

Quote from: Burdar on August 22, 2017, 08:16:36 AM
I guess this is my "man cave".  This is where my wife sends me when I say I want to go work on the car.

Our wives might be related?  :thinking:    :rofl:

blown motor

Quote from: Brads70 on August 22, 2017, 09:02:33 AM
Quote from: Burdar on August 22, 2017, 08:16:36 AM

Our wives might be related?  :thinking:    :rofl:

:haha:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Burdar

QuoteMy bone on the finger next to my pinky was completely exposed.

Pictures or it didn't happen!  :needphotos:

ViperMan

Quote from: Burdar on August 22, 2017, 09:47:08 AM
QuoteMy bone on the finger next to my pinky was completely exposed.

Pictures or it didn't happen!  :needphotos:

I think I'll pass!

Hey @Cuda Cody - ya know, you and @J-Code Jeni don't have any kids; you guys ever consider adopting, oh, I dunno, a 38-year-old...?  I have it on good authority that he can cook pretty well...   :yes:

Plumcrazy72

Some great looking stuff on here. I will have to round up the pictures of mine, even though it doesn't compare to any on here.
1972 340 PCP
2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad
2020 Ram Rebel

RzeroB

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 22, 2017, 07:55:24 AM
A funny story...  The first day I started doing the mason block work I went at it really hard.  A super long day of laying block and mortar for the bar eating area and BBQ.  I had some cheap gloves on all day and could feel my fingers really stinging and in pain, but wanted to keep going.  When I finally stopped at the end of the day and took the gloves off I found that sand had gotten in my glove and right where my little pinky knuckle lines up with the next finger it had worn a hole through my skin down to the bone.  I now understand the term "working your fingers to the bone".  My bone on the finger next to my pinky was completely exposed.  I now have the scar to prove how hard it was to build the shop.

Man that doesn't exactly sound "funny" - it sounds painful!

Man, when you get on task you're some kind of a "machine!" Or maybe you were once a Marine? Those guys get sand in their gloves, boots, underwear and everywhere else, yet they keep on going like a Cody, ah, I mean a machine!
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)