Main Menu

My luck has ran out ... Covid19 has finally caught up to me.

Started by RzeroB, April 27, 2021, 10:45:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

@torredcuda i concur. The media and big pharma seem hell bent on calling this a vaccine when even Mayo Clinic admits it's actually a clinical trial. FDA hasn't approved it as far as I've seen and the providers seem magically buffered from liability. I'm not anti vax by any stretch, but recently just attended a funeral for a lady that had no co morbidities that threw a clot after her second injection. My wife and adult kids are passing on this experiment until more is known. I could catch this (again) and if it's my time, I'll be gone, but for now I'm seeing far too many reports of not so good things. One thing for sure is if I roll up a sleeve, I can never un-vaccinate.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

worthywads

Quote from: JH27N0B on May 01, 2021, 08:09:46 AM
I stopped paying attention to national polls a long time ago since they are so flawed and usually biased.
I only believe polls I take myself.  So far 100% of my conservative friends, coworkers and family members either have or intend to get vaccinated, and 100% of my liberal friends, coworkers and family have or intend to get vaccinated.
I hope the numbers from my unbiased scientific poll don't disappoint anybody's "anybody who is on the opposite end of the political spectrum from me is a knuckle dragging mouth breathing moron" ideal!  :D
I just hope that now that so many have been vaccinated, that car events will be getting back in gear this year, losing most of last season was devastating.
So far here, they rescheduled World of Wheels but I just heard they canceled the new date too.  Several local cruises have tentatively stated they will be going this year.
Plans for MCACN are in place, though I question if our Canadian friends will still be locked down and unable to bring their cars or attend?
Keeping my fingers crossed....  :fingerscrossed:

What you describe is anecdotal evidence.

As of now the Wellborn 70 + 71 Mopar Reunion in late September is still a go, I'll be attending that.

The Golden Super Cruise should be going strong this year too.

anlauto

We should take an unbias Vaccine poll here.... :thinking: be interesting the number of "yes" vs "hell no never"....you don't have to know ones political standing, just their vaccine standing
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

anlauto

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on May 01, 2021, 09:43:41 AM
@anlauto fire one up

Thought about it....but I don't want to start a political pissing match thread, or some platform for "vaccers" vs "anti-vaccers" verbal fighting...

I just want the borders to open before Carlisle, but that won't happen :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

Quote from: worthywads on May 01, 2021, 09:26:15 AM

What you describe is anecdotal evidence.

Glad you figured that out!  :clapping:

Back to Tom, I hope he's OK.  My musing about my coworker cajoling people to pick him up ingredients for a Detroit style pizza recipe he was eager to try after he got sick aside, others I've talked to who've had it, or people who got it who were one step removed from me and acquaintances told me about, were laid up for around two weeks.  Really zonked out, some described it as "like worst flu I've ever had", before they recovered.  Hopefully Tom's just in bed not up for coming online right now, but will be back up and running soon like so many others who've experienced this plague.  :fingerscrossed:
Get well soon and see you at MCACN in November!

ledphoot

Quote from: worthywads on May 01, 2021, 07:35:49 AM
Quote from: ledphoot on April 30, 2021, 11:23:50 PM
Quote from: worthywads on April 30, 2021, 08:28:59 PM
Quote from: blown motor on April 30, 2021, 07:50:30 PM
Quote from: 7E-Bodies on April 30, 2021, 12:03:44 PM
Very encouraging about your daughter avoiding it. It seems to have worked for me as well if I'm not immune. Remember that the jab isn't actually a vaccine. It's a mass experiment not sanctioned by the FDA that is sheltered from legal ramifications. All the red flags are well in view.

By what authority do you state that it is not a vaccine?

I eat summer sausage for breakfast every day, 75 grams.  I avoided covid.   :thinking: I also took the jab, asap, 2nd shot 30 days ago.

Somehow even though Trump put all his hype into the vaccine as the end goal, now the right refuses.

Conspiracies are strong around here sometimes.  :dunno:

Since you want to make it left be right. How about I piss everybody off.

It's an individual's right to choose. My body, my choice... right?

I don't trust the government, whether it's blowhard Trump or Retard Biden. Neither of those douchebags gives a sh!t about you or me and they never will.

I did make it about "left be right'?  Republicans did when 36% of Republicans say they won't get vaccinated, while only 6% of Democrats choose the same.

I meant left vs right. Typo

Anyway.. you got tour guy Biden. Be happy, enjoy the geriatric in chief. I wasn't a fan of Trump and I sure as hell ain't a fan of the current retard.

Wear your mask, get tour shot, be a good little citizen, the government is here to help and it will keep you safe. /sarcasm

torredcuda

Quote from: anlauto on May 01, 2021, 09:42:08 AM
We should take an unbias Vaccine poll here.... :thinking: be interesting the number of "yes" vs "hell no never"....you don't have to know ones political standing, just their vaccine standing

I would be under the third option - "will probably get it eventually but will wait to see more testing/results before I do". I am not an anti-vaxer but I don`t have a lot of trust in our government with things like this and it was rushed thru and is still just approved "for emergency use" which to me means it didn`t go thru all the years of testing and trials it should have despite what they are trying to tell us.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

1 Wild R/T

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Cuda Cody

@RzeroB  said he has "zero energy" but he's hanging in there.

We're thinking about you buddy!

RzeroB

Thanks for checking on me. I'm hanging in there. I'm still at home, so that's a lot better than being in the hospital and intubated. I have seen some of your inquiries on my iPhone but I just haven't been up to getting on the computer. I'm short of breath and out of energy. Any kind of exertion leaves me panting. To me it's not really like the flu ... it's more like being at high altitude where the air is thin and your breathing and heart rate are elevated trying to compensate for the lack of O2. I'm constantly out of breath so I'm not doing a whole lot around the house other than sleeping and watching the idiot-box. I have to wear an O2 saturation monitor and if my saturation falls below 90% I'm suppose to go to the ER. If that does happen my understanding is that they will put me on supplemental O2 with a nasal cannula. At this point that actually sounds kind of good to me! We'll see. Statistically, I should be turning the corner here any day now. Of course having it happen sooner rather than later would be my preference. Thanks again everyone for your concern and checking on me ... appreciate it.  :twothumbsup:

Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

7E-Bodies

Great to hear, @RzeroB as I was one of the messages. I consider this an answer so feel free to ignore my first. I've just found out that I've been exposed to a positive case in the last few days (repeatedly) but this has happened before with no adverse effects as I've already had it. However, I'm waiting with fingers crossed as I don't want it again. Keep healing as you're in the prayers.

1 Wild R/T

Glad to hear your okay..  Not great but at least okay... Keep an eye on that oxygen level... it's kinda important..  Might need to get a NOS bottle by your bed...

7212Mopar

They make home ventilating machines that can help the breathing but might be difficult to get one now during the pandemic. Nitrous oxide is an anesthetizing agent so ok to place by your bed, just don't inhale. Hope you get better soon.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket