Main Menu

So who's still going to work?

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, April 15, 2020, 01:15:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

76orangewagon

Lets see if this can get the thread back on track..... I will let the picture of what I see everyday when I open my office door give you my answer. Even though we are on a modified schedule....we will always come to work.

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

torredcuda

Quote from: JH27N0B on April 16, 2020, 07:55:14 PM
How did the "Quarantine or Not" thread responses migrate over to the "so who's still going to work" thread anyway?  :notsure: :looney: :headbang:

guess it`s inevitable to talk about why we are going thru this. My  :alan2cents: yes the data is flawed but there is too much info out there to say this is very serious and not "just another flu"
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

76orangewagon

Quote from: dodj on April 17, 2020, 04:26:20 AM
Herc?

Yes sir...C-130's are not as prestigious as fighter's.... but still cool to work on or be around everyday.

BIGSHCLUNK

Seems we have allot of "essentials" here. I will be the first to admit, I am avoiding retail business as much as possible. Catering more to my shop customers. We seem to have some issues in my area with certain ethnic groups disregarding our governors state at home policy. Which got extended to May 26th yesterday. I talked to one of my dealer customers yesterday. Of course we talked "corona" a bit. I told him around here things have been pretty quiet. He told me that on his end of town it was like any other day. Yet the local news is harping about the disproportionate numbers of said ethnic group getting infected. And this is resulting in more deaths. This is NOT rocket science. Even aldermen (women too) have been on TV warning their constituents the consequences of their actions. 

Side note - Was I PC enough in this post?  :notsure:   :haha:

JS29

7E-Bodies

As a power grid protection tech (AKA Substation Relay Technician), I'm blessed to still be working. Today was supposed to be my final day before retirement, but the market spooked me and I pulled retirement. I'm currently waiting to see what 2.2 trillion dollars in Monopoly money does to the US economy, before leaping. I thank God for what I have in this career.

Kevin
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

7212Mopar

More printing to come. Democrats want $2k a month for everyone until this thing is blow over. No work and gets $2k. What a deal.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

BIGSHCLUNK

2 grand for dirt bags that dont even work.............   :Thud:

Anyway, I have a little 'lock down" update. I did a delivery to one of mt dealers on the NW side of town. Traffic there indicates that its just another day. I asked my customer whats going on. He told me, oh yeah its like any other day over here. This info just back up the post I did before this one. 

71-440

Still working here. So are my two sons and wife who works from home anyway.
All of us are essential business's.

Traffic is lighter than it was before but still  a lot of cars and trucks on the road.

Joe

Swamp Donkey

I work for an Oil & Gas company.  Oil and Gas Production has been deemed an essential service, so I am still employed.  My wife is a school teacher, so she is still employed.  Out family is one of the lucky ones. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

anlauto

Quote from: Swamp Donkey on April 18, 2020, 12:38:08 PM
   I work for an Oil & Gas company.  Oil and Gas Production has been deemed an essential service, so I am still employed.  My wife is a school teacher, so she is still employed.  Out family is one of the lucky ones.

Are kids in school where you are, or is your wife teaching from home ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

I have a friend who is a border patrol. He's busy as he can be.  The illegal aliens are trying even harder to get into the country right now since they are properly cut off.

I've lost two homes due to my clients freaking out.  Both californian clients.  I"m still working but on a much smaller scale.  Luckily I've been out in the middle of the mountains away from everyone.

I just got back from PHoenix and you wouldn't know there was a pandemic there.  Cars everywhere.  Nothings stopping.
Except no restraunts, zoo, botanical garden, aquarium.  All the fun stuff to do is shut down.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Quote from: cuda hunter on April 18, 2020, 08:33:59 PM
I have a friend who is a border patrol. He's busy as he can be.  The illegal aliens are trying even harder to get into the country right now since they are properly cut off.

I've lost two homes due to my clients freaking out.  Both californian clients.  I"m still working but on a much smaller scale.  Luckily I've been out in the middle of the mountains away from everyone.

I just got back from PHoenix and you wouldn't know there was a pandemic there.  Cars everywhere.  Nothings stopping.
Except no restraunts, zoo, botanical garden, aquarium.  All the fun stuff to do is shut down.

I was out in Phoenix for work 1st week of March , the Desert Botanical Garden was cool place to visit if you like cacti.
Oregano's was open and their Italian Hoagie was even better than the Italian Hoagie I always compare to Vincent's growing up in Greentree Pa.

cuda hunter

Quote from: 73440 on April 18, 2020, 08:50:58 PM
Quote from: cuda hunter on April 18, 2020, 08:33:59 PM

I really wanted to go to the botanical garden while I was there.  Closed of course.  Next time. 

I was out in Phoenix for work 1st week of March , the Desert Botanical Garden was cool place to visit if you like cacti.
Oregano's was open and their Italian Hoagie was even better than the Italian Hoagie I always compare to Vincent's growing up in Greentree Pa.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee