Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6PKRTSE

I was able to get a deal on some Weld Magnum 2.0 wheels. Mocked them up. I am still undecided if I like my original 2 piece Magnum 2.0 wheels or the newer 1 piece wheels better?

usraptor

Personally I like your original Magnum 2.0 wheels. The Weld Magnum 2.0 look to "modern" for a classic car, but that's just me. :alan2cents:

blown motor

Quote from: usraptor on January 27, 2024, 04:23:34 AMPersonally I like your original Magnum 2.0 wheels. The Weld Magnum 2.0 look to "modern" for a classic car, but that's just me. :alan2cents:

I agree. Those wheels don't look right on a classic.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

soundcontrol

Went to my garage today, to start cleaning up, organise and tear down the next wall for access to the other room so I get some more space.
I turned on the lights, looked at the mess for a while, took this picture, went back home, decided to start next week.....
I am a master of procrastination.

Brads70

I tried my hand and creating a 1/18 scale version of my car. Today I assembled the rims and tried them on for a test fit.

blown motor

Wow Brad, you are one talented guy. Great job!! Are you making it from a model kit or from a die cast?

Brads70

Quote from: blown motor on January 28, 2024, 08:01:36 PMWow Brad, you are one talented guy. Great job!! Are you making it from a model kit or from a die cast?
Diecast, started with a plain green Sam Posey car.

YellowThumper

Put my big box delivery away for future plans.4 years + without any heater installed is about to end.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Brads70

I borrowed a buddys stainless polishing/buffing stuff. Wow what a difference. Sure is rewarding the difference. First time trying this. Spent about 4 hours today. Just doing the front/rear window trim. I have 2 pieces left to do tomorrow.
The Challenger left for the paint shop last Wednesday so taking advantage of an empty garage to clean up what I can so when it comes back (April?) it should make for a quick assembly.
First time since I have lived here that the garage had been empty! 27 years, kinda weird!

dodj

Quote from: usraptor on January 17, 2024, 03:56:11 PMCurently I draining the 4-speed trans, so I can remove the shifter side cover plate and replace the "O" rings for the shifter shafts as they are currently leaking pretty bad.
If it's the reverse shifter shaft....I have some bad news for you........
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

dodj

Quote from: Brads70 on February 03, 2024, 03:24:34 PMThe Challenger left for the paint shop last Wednesday so taking advantage of an empty garage to clean up what I can so when it comes back (April?)
Hmmmmmm....colour? I vote FM3.. :bigthumb:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

Quote from: dodj on February 04, 2024, 06:34:55 AM
Quote from: Brads70 on February 03, 2024, 03:24:34 PMThe Challenger left for the paint shop last Wednesday so taking advantage of an empty garage to clean up what I can so when it comes back (April?)
Hmmmmmm....colour? I vote FM3.. :bigthumb:

Same colour as before.  :)

blown motor

Well it's not "my" Mopar but we rented a Challenger so it's mine for a week. This is the road we drove for over 10 miles today on our way to Jerome, AZ. Such a fun drive!

chargerdon

Drove my Challenger to the monthly cruise-in at MoJo's grille.   About 125 cars showed up and the weather was sunny and in the mid 50's...great time.   

Brads70

Well no going back now, just received a couple pictures from the body shop. They started on it right away which is nice. The passenger door received some parking lot battle damage  at some point before I owned it. I knew about it and pointed it out to the body shop asking if they could do a better job and to weld up the holes drilled from the dent puller. As far as I know thats the only damages other than the minor fender bender that was the cause of it being at the body shop in the first place. Will be nice to get rid of all the original burnt orange as who ever painted the car sublime did a horrible job and never did the jams or under the trunk lid. Just rattle can black....