Main Menu

Steering column upper bearing isolator

Started by Blake@diyhemi.com, August 08, 2017, 07:53:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Blake@diyhemi.com

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on one? The dart needs one and I am stumped. I purchased a new bearing from Dave @roseville, but cannot find the isolator. It is the lower object in the attached picture.

1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Cuda Cody

I thought @MoparDave  sold those insulators too?   :huh:  I know I have a few NOS ones around here, but I'm going to be short on what I have planned to build and still need to find a few.  Let me know where you end up getting them.

fc7cuda

MoparDave

these have been long gone. As with @Cuda Cody I only have a few left in my stash to support my builds as well.  Bearing was used from 1962 through 1990. finding a salvage one shouldn't be to difficult.

isolator # 2925491, NO depot stock or dealer stock available. isolator shows to have been used 1968 through 1987
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

blown motor

I checked with the local dealer here in Ontario. One showed up on the locator in Saskatchewan. Parts guy there went through all of their old car parts one by one and couldn't locate it.  :Thud:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

mopar jack

MoparDave

Quote from: mopar jack on August 09, 2017, 08:59:45 AM
It's possible that this part has been upgraded and is now a sealed bearing. https://parts.moparonlineparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-bearing-2265656/?c=aT1ORDMwNjQ0JnI9Mw%3D%3D

Nope, same part. this is Westbury CDJ out of NY wholesale/internet site outside from the dealership.

@Blake@diyhemi.com

I was able to scavenge 2 from some crap columns I had siting. LMK if your interested.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: MoparDave on August 09, 2017, 01:59:28 PM
Quote from: mopar jack on August 09, 2017, 08:59:45 AM
It's possible that this part has been upgraded and is now a sealed bearing. https://parts.moparonlineparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-bearing-2265656/?c=aT1ORDMwNjQ0JnI9Mw%3D%3D

Nope, same part. this is Westbury CDJ out of NY wholesale/internet site outside from the dealership.

@Blake@diyhemi.com

I was able to scavenge 2 from some crap columns I had siting. LMK if your interested.

Dave, that sounds great.

I bought a used column housing on eBay with a bearing/isolator in it. If for some reason it's junk, I'll buy one from you.

Man I love this site/group!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

blown motor

Does the bearing sit inside the isolator?  I haven't gotten personal with steering columns yet.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kent_goins

I located my bearing insulator on ebay some time back. Got the bearing from Roseville but had to find the insulator separately. Oh and DO NOT remove the staple from the insulator. It is a grounding staple.

KG

69BFan

I will need to look into the part, but that is quite possibly a part that we can make.  It will be a matter of finding a NOS or nice used piece.  Does the originals deform over the years.  We currently make the lower column bearings and seal retainers and the upper bearing is still available from Chrysler, so it only makes sense that we should look into this piece as well.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

mopar jack

I bought this part 20 years ago for my 71 road runner from the local mopar dealer. When I got it home I saw the staple and took it back to dealer and complained that some idiot had stapled the part. Found out it was there on purpose. This part looks good and is still pliable if you could use it for a template we can work something out. I will just need it back to eventually install in my RR.

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: mopar jack on August 17, 2017, 07:09:04 AM
I bought this part 20 years ago for my 71 road runner from the local mopar dealer. When I got it home I saw the staple and took it back to dealer and complained that some idiot had stapled the part. Found out it was there on purpose. This part looks good and is still pliable if you could use it for a template we can work something out. I will just need it back to eventually install in my RR.

Please, someone reproduce this ridiculously easy, yet crucial, part! It is used on nearly all 70's-80's Chrysler cars and necessary for a column rebuild. Heck, a mold made from aluminum and you are in business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

dodj

While not for full on restos, It's just a vibration isolator. My isolator was damaged and I just put two wraps of Scotch 130C high voltage rubber tape around the bearing. trimmed a bit and installed. It's been about 10 years and still good. And no I didn't put a staple in it. Not really that important. Has a better gnd path through the steering box.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill