Main Menu

392 Hemi Swap

Started by 303 Mopar, January 01, 2017, 10:01:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Isn't that the easiest way to install an engine !!
Great video !!

HP_Cuda

I was wondering if your buddy was on his way to a bank robbery?  :rofl:

At least you took the right approach and put it in from underneath, there are many that still try to stab it in from the top.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

BFM_Cuda

As a fyi... Not all engines have the longer stud to mount the oil pickup tube. I bought a 2017 5.7 for my project and it does not have the longer main cap stud.
The factory part number for the stud is 6506333AA. I found a couple people selling them on ebay, and Summit carries them too, https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mop-06506333aa/overview/.

:bigthumb:

Crusty

Excellent build and a great thread of helpful info.
How did you wire the four wires that are for Start, Start Run, 12v, and Neutral Safety switch? I am awful at wiring and not sure if they can connect to starter relay? Or wires from ignition switch ?
I'm down to basically these last few wires.

392 Cuda

@crusty,

I don't think you can hook it up through the original starter relay. It's basically a Hotwire job. I added a hidden button for mine since the run position on the key doesn't have power while cranking. So mine I turn key to run and hit a button (wired into run) to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chryco Psycho

For simplicity I connected the starter using the original ign switch & relay & just connected the 2 wires to the new starter .
if you go through the computer when you signal it to start the computer takes over & in my van 4 out of 10 times it would refuse to crank the engine over at all , who needs that crap . KISS Keep it simple silly the 70 system works great  :bigthumb:

anlauto

@Crusty I asked the same question in this thread... https://forum.e-bodies.org/electrical-and-audio/11/help-i-need-help-please/20316/ I eliminated the factory starter relay, and moved all the wiring inside the car.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Crusty

Thanks for thread link. definitely helps understand a little better how it all works.