Main Menu

6.1 Hemi/NAG 1 in 70 Challenger

Started by soundcontrol, March 04, 2017, 01:08:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on June 30, 2017, 05:40:29 PM

Mauls ... Please Drive a car with the Alterkation mod before converting to it

Guess I'm not the only one who's not impressed... Lotta money to go backwards...

soundcontrol

Quote from: soundcontrol on June 24, 2017, 02:22:14 AM
Here is the cut that needs to be made to clear the K-frame

We did the same mod believing the same mis information , we had to trim the entire lip off the adapter , the K frame still hit the filter & the filter was not removable without undoing the engine mount & lifting the engine .
Trust me this will not work , use a block off plate , if you have not cut the adapter don't just return it .

Hmm, I just went with the information I read in the Hot Rod Magazine article when I ordered all my swap stuff, but I have seen many others do the same thing, using a shorter filter. Can't return stuff since I'm in Sweden, have to try it out anyways, if it don't fit I guess I'll order the other kit then.

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 30, 2017, 06:40:39 PM

Guess I'm not the only one who's not impressed... Lotta money to go backwards...

I never saw a reason to go that route. New arms, coilovers, and a rack doesn't automatically mean "better", to me. It's flashy, but there is little performance justification on their site.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Chryco Psycho

the front rack steering has never been sorted out for a Mopar
I believe AlterK uses Pinto parts

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 01, 2017, 08:26:41 AM
the front rack steering has never been sorted out for a Mopar
I believe AlterK uses Pinto parts

Oh be nice... It's Mustang II...... But wait... The Pinto came out four years before the Mustang II & has the same suspension... So is it a Pinto? Nah, Mustang II sounds cooler..... :haha: :haha:

I've worked on/driven two... they both had the same issues & it clearly pointed to geometry problems....  They were never great as Pinto's & Mustang II's but widen the track & increase the wheel base and the numbers are all wrong....

Chryco Psycho

Pinto = Please insert nickle to operate  :stop:
I think I will keep my nickle

hpjunke

Sound control i hope your car is up and running or moving along i just did this swap and i learned a ton however i should post on here my detailed notes . I was reading that you were using the  angled filter adapter I have no issues with mine it's tight but it comes off and on with out a problem just run a short filter and your good ..

soundcontrol

Quote from: hpjunke on August 02, 2017, 12:51:24 PM
Sound control i hope your car is up and running or moving along i just did this swap and i learned a ton however i should post on here my detailed notes . I was reading that you were using the  angled filter adapter I have no issues with mine it's tight but it comes off and on with out a problem just run a short filter and your good ..

Nope, far away from up and running, I cut the quarters off, then my project came to a stand still because of work. It moves very slow now, but its OK, I enjoy it anyways. Good thing with the oil filter adapter! Maybe it has do do with what kind of engine mount are used?
Great if you post more info on your swap!

Your car looks great! What year? I also bought a -73 project (rust bucket) and a 5.7 Hemi / a833, just in case I get more time on my hands,  :haha:

303 Mopar

Quote from: hpjunke on August 02, 2017, 12:51:24 PM
I was reading that you were using the  angled filter adapter I have no issues with mine it's tight but it comes off and on with out a problem just run a short filter and your good ..

On my 392 Hemi the oil filter adapter and any oil filter would not fit with a k-member.  We cut the "tongue" off the oil adapter and installed an adjustable remote adapter to a filter mounted on the k-member.  Maybe its a difference in the 6.4 vs. 6.1 or year change.

Cuda70-74

Is that a problem when using a stock k member or all k member when doing this type of swap
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

Cuda Cody

@hpjunke  we need to see more photos!!!   :please:  Your car looks awesome!   :clapping:

hpjunke

here ya go .. !

Cuda Cody

That's some clean shaving.   :twothumbsup:  Tell us a bit more about your car?  How long did it take to do and how long have you had the car? 

303 Mopar

Quote from: Cuda70-74 on August 02, 2017, 05:18:27 PM
Is that a problem when using a stock k member or all k member when doing this type of swap

I do not beleive this is an issue with a tubular k-member (QA1, Magnumforce, etc) from pics and research I have done, but I have not done a tubular k-member install.  We are planning to do this on @CudaKat's '73 Cuda with a 6.1 Hemi but the car is currently at the bodyshop so it will be awhile.  There is a FB page on Gen 3 Hemi swaps that has some good information and pics and helpful guys.

anlauto

I love the flat hood on that silver car....looks great, tired of seeing the typical two scoop hood :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration