Main Menu

6.1 Hemi/NAG 1 in 70 Challenger

Started by soundcontrol, March 04, 2017, 01:08:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda70-74

Quote from: 303 Mopar on August 03, 2017, 07:27:46 AM
Quote from: Cuda70-74 on August 02, 2017, 05:18:27 PM
Is that a problem when using a stock k member or all k member when doing this type of swap

I do not beleive this is an issue with a tubular k-member (QA1, Magnumforce, etc) from pics and research I have done, but I have not done a tubular k-member install.  We are planning to do this on @CudaKat's '73 Cuda with a 6.1 Hemi but the car is currently at the bodyshop so it will be awhile.  There is a FB page on Gen 3 Hemi swaps that has some good information and pics and helpful guys.
Thanks. I got the QA1 k member
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

Roadman

@soundcontrol  how is this build coming ? Anything new ??    :rebelflag"

soundcontrol

Very slow!  :(  Have not done much of anything since late July now, got a TV show and been working 80-90 Hr weeks for 3 months. I just finished that though, moving on to some movies now, the deadlines are not so tight on the movies so I'm planning to get some more work done on the car during the winter. I compensate by ordering tools online while I work :)
Thanks for asking!

cudaragtop

Quote from: anlauto on August 03, 2017, 07:33:11 AM
I love the flat hood on that silver car....looks great, tired of seeing the typical two scoop hood :alan2cents:
Agree with Alan. The flat hood ties in nice with the clean shaved look.  :perfect10:

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

cudaragtop

Quote from: soundcontrol on November 13, 2017, 01:06:22 PM
Very slow!  :(  Have not done much of anything since late July now, got a TV show and been working 80-90 Hr weeks for 3 months. I just finished that though, moving on to some movies now, the deadlines are not so tight on the movies so I'm planning to get some more work done on the car during the winter. I compensate by ordering tools online while I work :)
Thanks for asking!
Following closely. 6.1 will be going in our A-Body.  :slapme5:

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

Crusty

What are you doing for the driveshaft? Have one built with slip joint ?

soundcontrol

Quote from: Crusty on January 02, 2018, 03:31:54 PM
What are you doing for the driveshaft? Have one built with slip joint ?

Yes, I have a brand new shaft in a box that I'm gonna send off and add a slipjoint. Waiting with that until I have the engine/tranny in the car so I can take some measurements.

Crusty

Good  deal.  I am getting ready to do this swap in a 71 cuda and am learning a lot from your thread.Thank you for all the info

soundcontrol

Quote from: Crusty on January 03, 2018, 10:35:13 PM
Good  deal.  I am getting ready to do this swap in a 71 cuda and am learning a lot from your thread.Thank you for all the info

Check out this one, very good thread.

https://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/threads/mas-cuda-a-long-time-coming.7651/

Crusty

Thanks for that link! It is a good one. Between that  thread and this one most of my questions are answered. Thank you!