Main Menu

Bolts needed to lift the Gen 3... what size?

Started by 360fish, September 04, 2023, 12:58:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

360fish

I'm  having a heck of a time finding what size bolts are needed for the two lift points for the crate 5.7. (top of motor...manifold galley(?) where the MDS solenoids live... I don't want too lift by the heads... others have had issues with that)
I'm going to strap the motor while I do this but these two bolts and the lug on the front are supposed to be the way to do it.

Any Idea what size bolt/pitch ?

Thank you

Alan
1973 'Cuda   Semi-Pro Touring
360 SB - 518/OD auto tranny - FAST EZ EFI - Edelbrock Fuel sump - HHR fan
Hella H4 headlights on relays - 97 Dodge Avenger seats - Chin spoiler - Bumpers pulled in to '72 offset

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Katfish

I bought the O'Reily lift bar, kind of expensive for my limited use, although it worked perfectly.
Not at home, so I can't check, I want to say they were 3/8 SAE

https://www.reillymotorsports.com/3rd-gen-hemi-lift-bracket.html

360fish

Quote from: anlauto on September 04, 2023, 01:37:30 PM
they are metric I'm sure :canada:
I found a comment that these bolts are 8mm... bought a couple and that appears to be the case.
I'm going to give it a go sometime this week.
:wrenching:
Hella H4 headlights on relays - 97 Dodge Avenger seats - Chin spoiler - Bumpers pulled in to '72 offset

360fish

Finally got my act in gear and picked up the engine and stuck the landing on the stand...

it was a bit of a puzzle...

Time to get to work!