Main Menu

diyhemi.com resources

Started by Blake@diyhemi.com, March 03, 2017, 11:38:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Blake@diyhemi.com

Being as I have learned so much from you all on this site as well as CC.com over the years, I really wanted to give back to the community.

As most know, I am the creator of diyhemi.com and have been specializing in new hemi swaps for a while. That being said, I would like to offer assistance to any member here that is considering doing a late model Hemi swap. PM/email me if you have questions or needs and I will do my best to help. Maybe we could start a new hemi section here as well? :idea:

@Cuda Cody told me about this site and it is amazing. I have thoroughly enjoyed being a member and participating in the discussions.

I would also like to donate a few shirts and decals to the site's store, if that is ok with you Cody.

Here is a sample of stuff we could offer. I had a request from a patron of our site to demonstrate the differences in factory exhaust manifolds for the 5.7 engines that could be used for swaps. So we collected a few manifolds and voila.

From top to bottom:
2006-2008 Jeep Commander/ Gran Cherokee
2003-2008 Ram truck
2005-2008 LX Charger 300C

The most important take away here is the flange orientation. Note the truck passenger side manifold points almost straight towards the firewall. This is why they do not work in our beloved E bodies. They physically fit, but do not offer a decent exhaust routing option.
The Jeep manifolds work great and are commonly used as an economical alternative to aftermarket headers. Yearone sells these jeep manifolds as "Swap Manifolds" on their site. These can be had for less than $200 online, cheaper at your local salvage yard!
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

71GranCoupe

:welcome:  This cool site is starting to bulge at the seams. :perfect10:

soundcontrol

I second the Hemi swap section suggestion! We did that at cc.com and it got a lot of interest. As a child board to the Engine section maybe? The G3 hemi swaps Facebook groups has over 3000 members, just the swedish G3 hemi swap FB has 217 members. #Cuda Cody

Cuda Cody

These swaps are becoming super popular and only going to keep getting bigger.  Do you guys think we can fill a section with good information about these swaps if we start a child board in the Engine section?  :huh:  I don't know anything about them so we'll need all your help to make it work.   :brainiac:

And thank you for the offer to help with the Prize Shop! :clapping:  I will take you up on that later this year.  I have a lot of stuff that I still need to add so it's a timing thing for me right now.  But later would be great to add some of those items to the Prize Shop.   :grouphug:

RUNCHARGER

I find this interesting. Personally I would not swap a new Hemi into an E-body however i would consider swapping them into something else. So I would find value in it.
Sheldon

Roadman

I think it would be great as a child board.   :alan2cents:   It's probably the fasted growing trend in our hobby, with no end in sight. I would like to do a build some day like @soundcontrol .    :bigthumb:

soundcontrol

I will for sure use that board a lot. There is so much info to gather before a swap. I already got the engine and car for my second swap so I'll be busy for another 5 years :) After that I would like an 80's Dodge truck with a Hemi in it!

Cuda Cody

What do you guys want to call the board?  Maybe "Modern Hemi Swap"?

soundcontrol

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 03, 2017, 01:47:49 PM

Yeah, that or "Gen 3 Hemi Swap" works fine I think.  :alan2cents:

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 03, 2017, 01:47:49 PM

I think that would be a good name and proper place under engines :slapme5:
1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

HP_Cuda

:twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup:

Sounds like it would fit right in the engine section.

:banana:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Cuda Cody

Okay guys.  :woohoo:  We have a new section just for these Modern Gen 3 Hemi Swaps.  I'm going to be learning from all of you.    :banana:   This is something I've wanted to do, but just don't know very much about it. 

HP_Cuda

I'd love to do a swap if I had the right ebody.

Man just think of all the modern touches you could do.

:ohyeah:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

soundcontrol

Great. Thanks Cody!
I'm swapping in in 2 G code cars. If I had an N code I would do a real resto on it, thats on my bucket list also.

Blake@diyhemi.com

My car is a G code Gran Coupe, so no worries here either. I would love to have a real TA car one day.

I have plenty of info to share, anything to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com