Main Menu

E-Body Hole Locations (Firewall, Door, Interior, ect)

Started by Cuda Cody, January 16, 2017, 09:44:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Does anyone have a picture for the 71 Hemi choke handle location?

It should be under the dash right above the parking brake.

When I mounted mine, it's at a tilt pointing towards the driver.
Is that correct?

Cuda Cody

Wish I had a 71 Hemi Cuda to check.  I know where there is one and I really want to buy it, but he's not selling and I don't have enough to buy it!   :bigmoney:   If someone can't help you, I can ask him to take a photo of it.

Topcat

Quote from: anlauto on January 18, 2017, 07:39:25 AM
Yes the road lamp wire hole moves around from year to year as does the switch location :alan2cents:

@anlauto

Can you find that picture again and post it here?     :cheers:

Topcat

Cuda Cody

Thank you @Topcat   Your image is now added to the first page.   :slapme5:

Timbbuc2

I cant believe the amount of info here, Thanks to everyone who posts  :cheers: Never saw this on other sites
Get in, I'll drive

headejm

@cataclysm80 @Cuda Cody Can you help me identify these 5 holes in my firewall? 1970 Challenger, power brakes, auto, AC. Two of them appear to be insulation pin holes, and one is for the temperature control cable. Not sure what the other two are for.

Sorry, looks like my photos posted upside down.

Cuda Cody

Insulation pin holes are easy to identify by their dimple.  They are "pushed" or concaved outward towards the engine bay.

Can you post some photos from a little further back?  Anything AC and I'm going to be little help.  @anlauto  knows AC stuff really good too.   :alan2cents:

Quote from: headejm on February 20, 2017, 11:15:14 AM
@cataclysm80 @Cuda Cody Can you help me identify these 5 holes in my firewall? 1970 Challenger, power brakes, auto, AC. Two of them appear to be insulation pin holes, and one is for the temperature control cable. Not sure what the other two are for.

Sorry, looks like my photos posted upside down.

headejm

Are these better?

headejm

Not sure why my pictures aren't posting right side up? Tried two different ways.  :notsure:

Cuda Cody

Are you using an iPhone or iPad?  We've seen that happen in the past where the photo looks good on your screen as it auto levels it to look fine on your screen.  but when it saves it the photo is not saved with what you see as top being top.  Only 1 way is top and that's why it posts them in the original format.  Try taking 4 photos while turning the camera so all 4 sides of the camera up on top.  You'll see only one of the photos will post correctly.

Quote from: headejm on February 20, 2017, 11:33:13 AM
Not sure why my pictures aren't posting right side up? Tried two different ways.  :notsure:

Cuda Cody

Are these the hole you are talking about (see the factory dimples)?

headejm

Yes. The two lower holes in question. The upper hole i believe is for the temperature control cable.

Cuda Cody

Must be something with AC?  All I'm seeing is dimples on my firewalls, not hole.  But they are dimpled so the factory knows where the holes need to go if they need to add them.  So you must be right about them being AC.   :notsure:

Quote from: headejm on February 20, 2017, 12:11:43 PM
Yes. The two lower holes in question. The upper hole i believe is for the temperature control cable.

headejm

I don't recall removing anything from those two holes. It would have needed to be removed from the inside since the two holes are basically behind the brake booster and mostly inaccessible.