Main Menu

One post car lift

Started by soundcontrol, January 15, 2023, 09:28:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

soundcontrol

Anyone using this type of lift?
Looked at many YT videos and it seems a bit wobbly, but I really like the mobility and I don't have space for a 2 post.
The place that sells them here also recommends a couple of 5-6 ft tall jackstands for support if you work under it.
A scissor lift is an option also but I like this one better.

dodj

The pic you posted is the only one I've seen.  Certainly looks different, but if the footprint is big enough..it should be stable?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Skdmark

I just checked it out on Redline's website.
Under the shipping tab they say it cannot be delivered via liftgate to a residential address.
The shipping crate is not pallet jackable.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

soundcontrol

Here in Sweden there is no delivery restrictions on them, and this on (in the video) is a bit less $$. About 3700. I can't use a 4 post, even if it's mobile.
In the video the guys says it will flex a bit, thats normal, and he recommends the tall jackstands if you are under it.

Just investigating this, setting up a new shop this year, would be nice with a lift.