Main Menu

AM RADIO

Started by Timbbuc2, May 11, 2017, 07:27:37 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Timbbuc2

What would a Am radio in working condition be worth and good cosmetic condition , , One for a 70 Challenger has buttons not and thumb wheels correct? I see them on ebay for 65$ but does not look good.
Get in, I'll drive

anlauto

Are the push buttons black or chrome ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Timbbuc2

Quote from: anlauto on May 11, 2017, 07:35:39 AM
Are the push buttons black or chrome ?
Chrome, with Black on/off and tune buttons
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

So any idea what it is worth? I see them on ebay for 65$ and up  but they look rough.
Get in, I'll drive

fc7cuda

Put it on Ebay and find out, surely to bring more than the others if it's nice.  :alan2cents:

Cuda Cody

If it's super nice, I would think $100.    :notsure:  I think they can be hard to find in good working condition so on eBay you might get a little more.

Timbbuc2

Quote from: fc7cuda on May 11, 2017, 08:57:30 AM
Put it on Ebay and find out, surely to bring more than the others if it's nice.  :alan2cents:
I forgot to say that I am buying it, just curious of the value. I know its difficult to put a price on sight unseen. I have seen pictures and it looks very good, SO is $200 too much?
Get in, I'll drive

anlauto

$200 is on the high end....I bought a nice one last month for $150 CDN... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

erik70rt

I agree that $200 USD seems a but high.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Cuda Cody

$200 does seem on the high side if it's not been gone through to make sure it's good.

Normally when I need a radio, I let Greg Ward know and he normally can find me one and go through it for a really good price.  He often gets the 72+ radios and gets them looking and working good then sells them for pretty cheap (around $150 shipped).  I think he sells refurbished 70/71's for around $225.    :bigthumb:

http://www.wardsclassiccarradiorepair.com/id54.html

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 11, 2017, 09:25:23 AM
$200 does seem on the high side if it's not been gone through to make sure it's good.

Normally when I need a radio, I let Greg Ward know and he normally can find me one and go through it for a really good price.  He often gets the 72+ radios and gets them looking and working good then sells them for pretty cheap (around $150 shipped).  I think he sells refurbished 70/71's for around $225.    :bigthumb:

http://www.wardsclassiccarradiorepair.com/id54.html
Thanks everyone, Wards is here in Alabama, Just sent a email .
Get in, I'll drive