Main Menu

What do you think guys.... 71 AMC Javelin....

Started by Brads70, August 03, 2017, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Here are a few of it in progress being built.

RUNCHARGER

That looks wicked. I imagine it will get torn up a bit
Sheldon

Topcat

Nice!

If there's 2 seats, hit em up for a ride.    :yes:

Spikedog08

That looks awesome!   What a great car that is!   :twothumbsup:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Brads70

Quote from: YellowThumper on August 01, 2020, 10:17:28 AM
NICE! buy it back for cost?

HAHA , no, but it is for sale.
Here is another he just finished a week ago...... Now if only the "season" would start... :rolleyes:

JonH

Corvair and Javelin? What kind of racing classes do you have up there?

Brads70

It's a relatively new series called the " Hot rod series"  . It's a historical or vintage series. Newer chassis with older bodies. It's generated a lot of interest and gotten a bunch of people back into racing again. It's kinda nice/refreshing to be able to tell what kind of car it is without looking for a decal on a rubber nosecone! Actual " stock car" racing! What a concept huh?  :D

Where I live (Barrie, Ontario) has quite a stock car racing heritage. Lots of racers around both active and retired. Actually the guy who installed my garage door raced in the Daytona 500 etc... he raced at the local tracked where I worked till he retired. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vic_Parsons
There was 2 tracks in town since the mid 60's , so there has been lots of cars built in this area. I worked at one for 25 years till it closed down and was demo'ed for a grass parking lot for a music festival that happens 2x a year.  :headbang:  I'm lucky enough to have lots of friends and acquaintances from my time at the race track. If I need a business or service I always choose a racer that has a business if I can. A bit of a fraternity if you will.   

https://oscaar.ca/schedule/
https://oscaar.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/2020-OSCAAR-HOT-ROD-SERIES-rule-book.pdf

Brads70

Well I'd had enough of welding, fabricating,  and sanding . Worked up the courage to try my hand at painting . I'm quite happy/surprised at the results.  It's just light grey tremclad paint, some reducer and hardener and a $30  Princess auto paint gun. My first time painting worked out pretty good!  :woohoo:

Engine bay next! Glad I can assemble the fuel cell in for good now as that thing takes up a lot of space laying around my small garage!

Chryco Psycho

Brads70

Final installation. Just need to make a fuel hose adapter 2 1/4" 45 deg elbow to 2 1/2"  to connect the two hoses.   Fuel filler cap is not "authentic"  to Donohue's car but I felt it was a good compromise for a street car. Donohue's car had the Fuel filler out at the back I didn't want to carve up the spoiler trunk lid etc....
The Cobra style fuel filler cap is somewhat period correct for Trans Am race cars  and I like the look of it so...

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

That looks pretty cool....be neat to watch gas go in :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YellowThumper

Looks great.
This is what makes a "tribute" car. V/S a replica.
Close but still yours.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Chryco Psycho