Main Menu

WIW? 1970 Cuda AAR 340+6 B5 Blue Auto

Started by Cuda Cody, June 25, 2017, 04:01:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

HP_Cuda

Well the auto really kills the price for me and seeing the trunk pan gone it makes me wonder how much rust fun you would have with this. I'd say 30-35 tops and you are taking a gamble, hopefully there are no surprises under the vinyl top either.

It seems the new owner is a truck driver so if you put your thinking cap on maybe you can trade something he would want (tractor truck-wise or maybe make him a sign/decals?) to get him to come down on price.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

4mayhemi

Maybe around 30 it would be a larger market and quick sale. At that price I would have a hard time saying no to this AAR even though my funds are waiting for a V/N96. If around 40, that might limit the market to those that can restore themselves and then things like auto and rust would nitpick the price down anyway. I can't see someone willingly coming down from 60 to 40 though no matter how you present it to him.

61K T/A

Quote from: anlauto on June 26, 2017, 07:07:13 AM
Quote from: 303 Mopar on June 26, 2017, 06:28:49 AM
Timing is everything, its how I've found a couple of my cars.  @Cuda Cody, since you already have a couple of gorgeous fully restored e-bodies I would be very tempted to just get it running and drive it as a true survivor car rather than take it off the road for a couple more years and dump $60k into a restoration.  I guess you have to buy it first so one step at a time.

I hear this all the time but could never understand the thrill of driving a ratty looking piece of crap ? :looney:, I guess it's just me....I don't even like driving my truck when it's dirty....

What's wrong with a survivor? All you see are restored cars any more. Boy I'd love to see the pics of them before restoration!

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on June 26, 2017, 06:41:57 PM
It's just me really....I'm the only guy walking through the "survivor tent" at Carlisle thinking most of the cars need to be restored :pullinghair:

Ya .... but your just a little biased....  :)

anlauto

Quote from: Brads70 on June 27, 2017, 06:07:08 PM
Quote from: anlauto on June 26, 2017, 06:41:57 PM
It's just me really....I'm the only guy walking through the "survivor tent" at Carlisle thinking most of the cars need to be restored :pullinghair:

Ya .... but your just a little biased....  :)

I'd certainly be the first to admit that.....but I've never had an interest in original type cars :alan2cents: or cars that look like crap....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

61K T/A

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

cuda dad

Quote from: Convertcuda on June 25, 2017, 05:33:07 PM
Cody do you remember the date the car was made on door tag or fender tag?

Thanks Ken
SPD is 320 and the door sticker is March

cuda dad

I nearly purchased this car a year ago, were it not for the rust.  I could not afford to buy it and restore it.  It deserves and needs to be restored.  I have not seen it in person but I have looked at lots of pictures.  This car has a lot of originality and prominence.  In my opinion, the things that hurt the price are the manual steering, body damage, repaint, rust.  It is a little crusty underneath but the owner assured me that it is not major.  From the pictures it seems that it should be dipped.  It does not get the additional value of a 4-speed but at least it has the SLAP-STIK.
The body numbers match, as well as the engine and transmission, data plate, dash vin, and door sticker.  It is a one owner.  They have the original window sticker, manuals, purchase agreement, and the build sheet is in the car still.
I think this car is easily worth $45 to $50k.  Anything under $45 would be a bargain, my opinion.

If I were to sell my car, this is the one I would buy. 

Shoooter

This is a beautiful car. I think 35 is fair. I would be driving it as is for a while....that could be cause I would be broke from buying it!

xx88man

Quote from: Shoooter on July 05, 2017, 08:21:42 PM
This is a beautiful car. I think 35 is fair. I would be driving it as is for a while....that could be cause I would be broke from buying it!

:iagree:  This is me too. I feel the auto holds it back from being above 35k. I love the car though....great time capsule!
Keep yer foot in it

71REDCUDA

71REDCUDA

What the fendertag spd?  I can tell the first three digits for the VIN-nr knowing the date.

cuda dad

Quote from: 71REDCUDA on July 11, 2017, 12:43:43 PM
What the fendertag spd?  I can tell the first three digits for the VIN-nr knowing the date.

FC7 cuda

This one sold for 36 and its all apart..this car is One owner you have all the history and docs all original ..
www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymouth-Barracuda-/132259331118?hash=item1ecb453c2e:g:dn4AAOSwidlZZVj8&vxp=mtr

Cuda Cody