Main Menu

LCA Pivot Shaft

Started by Rdchallenger, December 05, 2020, 01:17:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rdchallenger

Does anyone know of anywhere that sells pivot shafts with rubber instead of poly bushings? I'm having no luck on locating anywhere that does.

Mopar5

If you go with rubber you remove the sleeve from the LCA. Moog  sells them as well as others. If you go with poly you leave the sleeve.

1 Wild R/T

Current MOOG lower bushings are junk... The ID is oversize... They are aware of it & supposedly are correcting it... Most suppliers have pulled their old stock....

Rdchallenger

I'll have to give FF a call and ask what brand they use then.

Mopar5

I would also consider looking at PST for the pivot shafts I bought a set and they pressed in very nicely.

Rdchallenger

Quote from: Mopar5 on December 06, 2020, 07:30:41 AM
I would also consider looking at PST for the pivot shafts I bought a set and they pressed in very nicely.

I was looking into them but I believe they only sell ones with poly bushings and the outer seal is long gone in the gone in the LCA's I bought... I did locate some on rock auto too so may use one of the discounts they have posted on here.

mopar jack

Pro forged sells the shaft and bushings. I installed their lower bushing and it fit nice and tight. I tried moog and various other bushings and all were to loose on the pin and some of the inner sleeves were off center.
https://proforged.autocaredata.com/items/115-10015

bc3j

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on December 05, 2020, 09:43:59 PM
Current MOOG lower bushings are junk... The ID is oversize... They are aware of it & supposedly are correcting it... Most suppliers have pulled their old stock....
Do you know when their quality control issues started? I had my lowers replaced with MOOG three years ago and the stock pins did fit tight when pressed in. Hopefully, I'll be ok. So far after a couple thousand miles everything is still tight. Hope I don't have a potential issue looming.