Main Menu

1971 R/T 383 Engine Detailing

Started by gpm6367, October 08, 2020, 11:46:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JS29

What was refer d to as a squeeze clamp is called a Corbin clamp, NAPA stores carry them.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

This is the correct clamp for power steering return hose is the spring action hose clamp that you have to squeeze to install. They should also be red in colour like the picture.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

QuoteWhat was refer d to as a squeeze clamp is called a Corbin clamp, NAPA stores carry them.  :alan2cents:
The red clamp pictured above may be referred to by some as a "Corbin" clamp ???, but the more common Corbin clamp is the type used on cooling system hoses :alan2cents:

This type of Corbin clamp is used also on the vacuum hose for the power brake booster, also red in colour.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

JS29

If you walk into a NAPA store and ask for a Corbin clamp, the counter guy is going to give you the one's in reply # 61 :yes:

anlauto

Quote from: JS29 on November 04, 2020, 07:37:32 AM
If you walk into a NAPA store and ask for a Corbin clamp, the counter guy is going to give you the one's in reply # 61 :yes:

Yea...and they'll also ask you if your car is automatic or standard, 2dr or 4dr .... :haha: :haha:

gpm6367

The kit also has a small section of hose and two of the OEM spring type fuel line clamps and I'm wondering what those are for?

I have the red keystone clamps for the power steering hose. Can I use standard fuel line for the hose?

Where does the washer pump ground wire on the reservoir attach?

What is the proper routing for the long washer hose going to the reservoir? Does it go over the top of the firewall or under the electrical components on the firewall?

anlauto

What "kit" did you buy and from where....let's start there :thinking:

PS Return hose should not be standard fuel line it should be 11/32"(possible 3/8")high pressure hose. Did you buy the PS Hose kit ? It should have different marking then the rest.

PS Return Hose

anlauto

Looking back at your picture, it's hard to tell what all you have there.  :rubeyes:

Some kits might include two of those spring style clamps for either side of the in line fuel filter...not exactly correct if you ask me, but not all kits are equal.

anlauto

Ground wire for the windshield washer goes under this screw in photo:

gpm6367

I bought the red corbins for the ps pump, to replace these, but not the line. Where do I get the line?

I bought the complete fuel line kit from Mega.

gpm6367

What is correct routing for the long washer hose to the reservoir?

anlauto

Quote from: gpm6367 on November 04, 2020, 06:37:56 PM
What is correct routing for the long washer hose to the reservoir?

This is where I route it. It gets one white plastic strap to itself in the corner of the firewall. Once the heater hoses are in place (not shown) I also run the windshield washer hose with the heater hoses in the black plastic loop at the shock tower (not shown), keeps it warm in the Winter :bigthumb:

anlauto

Quote from: gpm6367 on November 04, 2020, 06:35:18 PM
I bought the red corbins for the ps pump, to replace these, but not the line. Where do I get the line?

I bought the complete fuel line kit from Mega.

I stole the above picture of the PS hose from Mega Parts website.

gpm6367

So things are coming along nicely. I'll have my carburetor back by the end of the week.

Now I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw, but shouldn't there be a bolt in there? That's the front of block to motor mount, no? Anyone know the size or length? I'll have to find one.

anlauto