Main Menu

70 Challenger SE

Started by Timbbuc2, January 05, 2017, 11:56:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Timbbuc2

Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

Been a good day, waiting on parts on the K member so I worked on the drivers door, replacing slides for the window, and plastic clips. All the interior parts of the window mechanism was so nasty so they got a bath in my vibratory cleaner.Tomorrow finish up drivers door. I got a call this evening that my pit man arm came in and when I get the motor mounts from @TONY I will put the motor on the k-member. So glad Tony is a member here, he has been a great help.
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

I broke down and bought a tool chest, the old one was the size of  a tackle box :rofl:
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

That's AWESOME!!!!

I'll see if I can tilt it upright so your tools don't fall out.   :bigthumb:

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on March 10, 2017, 05:41:19 PM
I broke down and bought a tool chest, the old one was the size of  a tackle box :rofl:

Timbbuc2

Working on the drivers door and crank assy. Got it all cleaned up and new bushings and rollers ordered. The actual crank assy was alittle tight , I guess this is normal for a 70 model. So I drilled a 1/64 hole in the top side when installed and took a grease attachment thats made to grease a 4x4  ,it is smooth now. Then put a dot of silicone to keep out the dust. K-member is done. All new bushings , tie-rod ends and pitman.
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

Long time coming, I got the Motor on the k-member, I bet it has been a long time since a motor was sitting there. My son came by today to help
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

Another picture
Get in, I'll drive

71GranCoupe

Any progress is good, keep it up.  :cheers:

Cuda Cody

Rev-It-Up

That is exciting!!  :cooldance: We'll be doing that in a couple weeks (I hope).
Rev-It-Up

RUNCHARGER

Nice, they start to feel like a car when the engine goes in.
Sheldon

EB3-GranCoupe

Its looking good!  Always like to see Overhead Console cars coming back together!

Sorry to chime in so late, but @headejm, and @71GranCoupe steered you in the right direction with the heater valve.   Make sure you get a new cable as well; I didn't, and now I have replace it with everything in place. What a pain!  :bricks:

Here are my before (unrestored) and after:

Timbbuc2

Alway appreciate a good tip.
Get in, I'll drive

anlauto

EB3  looks like you still need the support bracket replaced :bradsthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Beautiful job!!!   :clapping:

Quote from: EB3-GranCoupe on March 26, 2017, 02:28:09 PM
Its looking good!  Always like to see Overhead Console cars coming back together!

Sorry to chime in so late, but headejm, and 71Gran Coupe steered you in the right direction with the heater valve.   Make sure you get a new cable as well; I didn't, and now I have replace it with everything in place. What a pain!  :bricks:

Here are my before (unrestored) and after: