Main Menu

70 Challenger SE

Started by Timbbuc2, January 05, 2017, 11:56:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

@Timbbuc2   I normally replace them, but only because I want to put new sealant in them.  Some of them go in to the water jacket and need sealant.

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on April 22, 2017, 06:28:03 PM
Working on my car today, and I had a stud for the exhaust manifold that I had to replace, I was nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof. But it worked out. I was wonder what you guys/gals would do, replace all or whats bad. I have a complete set of studs that came with the car. I know the old saying "It aint broke dont fix it"   :pixiepop:

Cuda Cody

But, if it didn't leak before maybe not worth risking it.   :notsure:  Like you said, no reason to fix what isn't broke.

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 23, 2017, 09:55:14 AM
But, if it didn't leak before maybe not worth risking it.   :notsure:  Like you said, no reason to fix what isn't broke.
@Cuda Cody , thanks, I checked another one and the shop had put on new sealant. I was just curious if is was normal to change because of  heating and cooling of the studs.
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

Not much to tell on my build, hunting for parts that I did not know I was missing. While I am waiting for some parts to come in, I started to dissemble my dash. I was wondering why I kept on smelling Rat P, I found out, the the whole right side was full of nest. I hate RATS. After reading other posts I ordered the paint for the gauge needles. You can really learn a lot here.
Tim
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

Working on my instrument panel today, Good thing I took it apart, the volt meter was trash. I used the technique @Cuda Cody used in his video with the AA batteries to test and it works great. My clock was not working BUT it is now, just needed a little lubrication.These clocks has a set of points when it make contact it triggers it to wind-up. So as it is running you can here a tick when it winds down. Will have the dash complete next weekend and then motor time :clapping:
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

I learned the hard way.  I would clean up the clocks, lube, sand the "shorting" points where they make contact and double check they work.... but they always stopped working after I installed them.  Maybe a few weeks, maybe a few years, but they always seemed to stop.  Now I just change the guts out right from the start and never worry.  They always work then.

Cuda Cody

I use these guts for the clocks.  Pretty easy to install too.

[ebay]371537829782[/ebay]

Timbbuc2

I was at Yearone Saturday and I ask for the low voltage switch for the dash. They had one but it was completely different. What is people using, i.e. stock ( If available)or a updated one?
Get in, I'll drive

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on May 22, 2017, 09:20:11 AM
I was at Yearone Saturday and I ask for the low voltage switch for the dash.

????   Are you looking for a instrument voltage regulator? 

Timbbuc2

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on May 22, 2017, 12:39:20 PM
Quote from: Timbbuc2 on May 22, 2017, 09:20:11 AM
I was at Yearone Saturday and I ask for the low voltage switch for the dash.

????   Are you looking for a instrument voltage regulator?
Yes that be the one
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

Slow  but sure, jumping around on different things waiting on parts. Front turn signals left is after right is before. Bought new lense also.
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

Any progress is good progress.   :bigthumb:

1 Wild R/T

Got JOB

Great read on your build. Your front calipers will work fine mounted to the rear but the stock rubber brake hose will bind. My '71 has rear mounted calipers and I put longer rubber hoses on and they work fine. I can try to get the hose part numbers if you need, just post.
Ricky

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Got JOB on May 27, 2017, 12:12:15 PM
Great read on your build. Your front calipers will work fine mounted to the rear but the stock rubber brake hose will bind. My '71 has rear mounted calipers and I put longer rubber hoses on and they work fine. I can try to get the hose part numbers if you need, just post.
Ricky
This is a aftermarket kit that came with the car  and hoses. Wont be long before  I get to put them on. Thanks for your help
Get in, I'll drive