Main Menu

71 B5 Cuda 340 4 speed

Started by Shane Kelley, May 04, 2017, 10:09:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1970Cuda

Shane - Fabulous work; great details and pictures for reference. Especially for those of us just starting our restoration.

I agree with Cody - definitely needs to be featured in a periodical.

I really liked your "jig" you used to lift the front of the 'Cuda to install the powertrain. Never seen one before; was it custom built? I'm using a Whirly Jig, but I definitely would like to use a similar jig to lower the front onto the engine/trans.

Keep those pictures coming! Really helps us out and a great way to memorialize your hard work.

anlauto

Man that paint work is stellar  :worship: absolutely beautiful. :drooling:

I take back my comment about the heater blower motor being a "must" to get correct. I was under the impression you were restoring the car, I had no idea you had so many modifications happening. When customizing a car, there's no rules, so your black blower motor looks right at home :bradsthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shane Kelley

Yes it's homemade. 26 bucks in materials and a hour to build. Works perfect. I made mine adjustable for different widths. I am doing a A body currently and it works for both. Should be cheaper and easier to build for one type of car. I used 1/4 x 3" x 24" long to go on sides of frame rails. Drilled for bumper bolt locations. 2" x 1/8 wall box tubing to run across the front. Welded a hoop in the middle for a hook. Pretty basic and simple.

larry4406

Nice car!

Can you post some detail pictures of your engine/trans/k-frame dolly?

303 Mopar

It turned out beautiful.  Can't wait to hear that first start up!   :banana:

Shane Kelley

Quote from: larry4406 on May 09, 2017, 02:48:50 AM
Nice car!

Can you post some detail pictures of your engine/trans/k-frame dolly?
I will post some detailed pics and measurements for the dolly and front end bracket for a hoist on the car later this week. Both are fairly simple to build.

Tunis

Glad to see you here! Been looking at your updates on Facebook.
Really impressive work! If I can only get my car half as good as yours I will be very satisifed!  :worship:

nsmall

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:I am supposed to be in my garage tonight restoring my car thats torn down. This thread totally distracted me and totally inspired me.  If only my car can look remotely like this....WOW! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Love the color, love this build.  I am tired now and will probably pass on working tonight.  Good luck with your deadline.  I believe in you.

xx88man

Quote from: Tunis on May 09, 2017, 06:16:14 AM
Glad to see you here! Been looking at your updates on Facebook.
Really impressive work! If I can only get my car half as good as yours I will be very satisifed!  :worship:

I agree....I too will be happy if my car ends up half as nice as what you have done. Thanks for sharing with us...it gives many of us ideas and inspiration.
:wowzers:
Keep yer foot in it

Shane Kelley

More progress this last weekend 5/13/17. Things completed
Engine wired and plumbed. Cooling system done. Engine compartment 90% complete
Front end wiring 90% complete
Headlights and grill installed
Fuel system including tank done
Rear suspension and axle assembly 80% complete. Shocks and shackles left to do.
Exhaust system done
Rocker trim and gills installed
Splash shields on
E brake assembly done

Cuda Cody

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 15, 2017, 12:34:02 PM
Do you ever sleep?   :wowzers:
Have plenty of time for that when I'm dead. Lol 
I'm pushing myself pretty hard with this right now. I want to have it done by the middle of June for Street Machine Nationals. I have been listening for the last 3 years "when you going to have that Cuda done?" I also need to get back on the 69 project because he needs it by the first of October. It will take longer to assemble than mine because all of his stuff isn't ready for assembly like I have mine. 

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

nsmall

You are calling this a driver?  I am thinking driver that doubles as a show car.  Very inspiring.

RUNCHARGER

Nice work. What are you doing with the inner fenders.
Sheldon