Main Menu

A.G.A.R. 1970 Barracuda Convertible.....IMPORTANT UPDATE !!

Started by anlauto, May 18, 2017, 03:04:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

I think it is cool that the owner is going to keep the flat hood.  Do not see that much anymore!   :D
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Shane Kelley

How long will the paint and body take to do on a car like that?

ec_co

Quote from: Spikedog08 on May 23, 2017, 10:02:51 AM
I think it is cool that the owner is going to keep the flat hood.  Do not see that much anymore!   :D

mine will stay flat too. might be kind of hilarious to do a slant 6 shaker though, lol (the shaker setup would almost double it's worth!).
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

anlauto

My favorite part....scrapping undercoating off with a torch and scraper.....nice full undercoat car too :crying: @ErikR   :('
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

That looks like a really solid car too.  Just a small are on the floor board, but the rest looks fantastic.   :banana:

Quote from: anlauto on May 26, 2017, 02:49:05 PM
My favorite part....scrapping undercoating off with a torch and scraper.....nice full undercoat car too :crying: @ErikR   :('

soundcontrol

Give in! Get a rotisserie!  :)
So much easier for your back.

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 26, 2017, 03:17:14 PM
That looks like a really solid car too.  Just a small are on the floor board, but the rest looks fantastic.   :banana:

Looks can be deceiving, wait until it's media blasted..... :unbelievable:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Quote from: soundcontrol on May 27, 2017, 02:16:26 AM

Doing it the same way for 30 years, why change now ? It's all about keeping costs down.

kdcarman

Quote from: anlauto on May 27, 2017, 03:54:53 AM
Quote from: soundcontrol on May 27, 2017, 02:16:26 AM

Doing it the same way for 30 years, why change now ? It's all about keeping costs down.

Yep best to keep your costs down. :cheers:

RUNCHARGER

I do a lot of laying on my back too. old habits die hard.
Sheldon

1ownr

:lurking:

always interested in watching your progress

judy

anlauto

After about 10 hours of scrapping factory undercoating :drunk: ...It's off to the media blasters....

YellowThumper

So are you slowly paving your entire back yard with all that tar you have removed over the years?
Gotta put it somewhere???

Hope the blasting comes out well with few additional surprises.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Cuda Cody

Nicely done buddy.  Looking forward to seeing what she looks like after the blasters.   :fingerscrossed:  So far she's looking pretty good. 

anlauto

Well, it's not the worst car that I've done. :thinking: