Main Menu

A.G.A.R. 1970 Barracuda Convertible.....IMPORTANT UPDATE !!

Started by anlauto, May 18, 2017, 03:04:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

GCragtop

Quote from: Cuda_mark on May 03, 2019, 07:27:17 AM
I have 2 date coded originals for my car and I'm trying to decide if it's really worth it to restore them for a clone car. Tough to beat $230.00 for one that looks exactly like an original.

Send your original one to Stephan for restoration.

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

TX9ragtop

Looking great Erik & Alan! Can't wait to see this baby at Carlisle! Good call on the steel wheels  :cheers:

anlauto

...well almost, still needs a front end alignment and a few mechanical things checked out...

Drove it out in the sun today under it's own power for the first time in how many years @ErikR ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6Pack70

anlauto

Quote from: ErikR on June 01, 2019, 07:31:48 AM

I think it must have been 10 years ago that I first contacted you about getting in done.... would have made that happen sooner in retrospect!

I first email, which I still have, is dated March 16th 2005 :o So it's been over 14 years  :handshake:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

kdcarman

Quote from: ErikR on June 01, 2019, 07:45:42 AM
Had plenty of people ask why would I take my car all the way to Canada for a restoration  ::)

They thought that was crazy but @anlauto was always the guy to get my car done and these pictures prove it!

A big thanks to Alan, Keith Sim and all the incredibly cool Canada Border Services Agency officers for making this happen  :canada:

I heard the same comments about sending my car over the border for Alan to restore.  The shipping company makes it super easy both ways to clear customs.  Alan does a great job at reasonable rate.  I would have no issues sending another one over the border for Alan to restore.

mk

That looks awesome Eric........Alan sure does beautiful work!

DodgeGuy

Wow, what an amazing transformation....beautiful car!!!! :wowzers:

Alan, you do special work man  :worship::clapping:

I have to say, to do ALL that work you do on the cars, including hauling them here and there (to get the convertible top done, etc.) after they've been freshly painted would absolutely TERRIFY me!  I would be so nervous about accidently scratching something...etc.

Do you generally keep sections of the cars you're maybe not working on covered with something while you work on certain other areas?

In any event, well done sir, I always enjoy your build threads.
1974 Dodge Challenger Rallye
360 4Barrel HP
Factory 4-Speed

nsmall

I never like the dog dish look, but on this car it looks awesome.  White interior, my goodness this is a beauty.  Hoping you have a lot of years of enjoyment out of this one.

72 Challenger

The stance of that car is Bang-on.

Another great restoration by Alan!
Someday I will have a J0b.

Spikedog08

I went to the first page of this thread to see the beginning again now that the end has arrived.  Another great job Alan . . .

:worship:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

GCragtop

anlauto

A nudder one gone...getting pretty empty around here !