Main Menu

A.G.A.R. Reassembly Time...All done

Started by anlauto, March 09, 2017, 04:50:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Decent day today....
Started with both sides of the firewall....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Then moved on to the engine, transmission, suspension installation...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Tomorrow I'll likely finish up under the hood and put the front end together, maybe get underneath to button that up as well... :thinking:

Aar1064

You serious? All this in three days? I feel pretty stupid now. It takes me forever to do the simplest things. Would you come south and help me with my interior?

Looks fantastic!

750-h2

Nice Job!! :bigthumb: Wondering at what stage of the assembly will you be spraying the OEM undercoating in the wheel wells?

anlauto

Quote from: 750-h2 on March 14, 2017, 04:15:53 PM
Nice Job!! :bigthumb: Wondering at what stage of the assembly will you be spraying the OEM undercoating in the wheel wells?

The owner does want it....So I will be doing it last to make sure everything gets covered just like the factory  :brainiac: Can't wait, been awhile since I've had somebody that wants it....hides all that beautiful detail work...

750-h2

Thanks. I know what you mean by hiding some of that nice detail work.  But for me a properly restored Mopar should always have factory undercoated wheel wells [unless its a Super Stock or other light weight].  IMHO just looks wrong without it. 

anlauto

I hear ya...I prefer it without that ugly black stuff...I like the nice clean look and it's much easier to keep clean....to each his own though... :slapme5:

A.Gramz

anlauto

I'm just going to use rocker guard stuff from Canadian Tire....maybe run it through a shutz gun ? :dunno:

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Cuda Cody

Holy Fastest Restoration Ever Batman!   :1place:  I'm saving those photos for future reference!   :takepicture:  Very nice!   :bravo:

Cuda Cody

I'm using one of those cheap eBay Schutz guns (I think Harbor Freight has them too) and using the Resto Rick Undercoating.  I really like the way it comes out.   :yes: 

http://www.restorick.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Undercoat

Not to hi-jack your thread, but another Resto Rick product I like to use is the Cosmoline in a rattle can for the control arms.  We know the factory dipped them, but dipping them in Cosmoline doesn't last very long.  But painting them doesn't have the oily petroleum look either.  So I paint them to look like Cosmoline (up to a imaginary dip line) then after they dry I put a light coat of the real Cosmoline on with his rattle can.  It has a really factory correct look and holds up really well. 

http://www.restorick.com/proddetail.asp?prod=CosmoAero

Quote from: anlauto on March 14, 2017, 05:30:59 PM
I'm just going to use rocker guard stuff from Canadian Tire....maybe run it through a shutz gun ? :dunno:

anlauto

anlauto

Finished the engine compartment with the exception of the bulkhead and steering column of course and fluids.